Goliath is an upcoming 3D action adventure game developed by Whalebox Studio and will be available on Steam. After accidentally slipping through a rift into a world full of ruins from various civilizations, you’ll need to survive by collecting resources and aligning with factions that have already been warring over this foreign world. By scavenging for items you can craft basic survival tools, create shelters to stay safe, and even construct massive, controllable, mechanical suits called Goliaths from materials like wood and metal. Even more unique materials to craft your Goliaths with can be found with enough strength and diligence. After creation, a Goliath can even be outfitted with a variety of different weapons to serve the player’s personal preference in fighting style. Weather can affect your Goliath as you adventure through a procedurally generated world with different terrains and a day/night cycle. Faction choice will also be an important choice in this world as each one offers different robot and weapon schematics that can be used to in the creation and customization of your Goliaths. Friends can also join the fun in a co-operative campaign or PvP battles can be waged in the arena. Will you try to survive by bringing the factions closer together, or will you promote the war efforts of your aligned faction? The choice is yours.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: May 12, 2016
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Whalebox Studio
- Publisher: Viva Media
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Steam
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Procedurally generated worlds.
- +PvP arena battles.
- +Weather-affected robots.
- -Biome mechanics can be punishing.
- -Lacked multiplayer at launch.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, AMD Athlon™ x2 6400+, or equal at 1.6GHz or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: nVidia® 8800 GT / AMD® 4670 or faster with 1GB VRAM (Mobile chipsets may not work), DirectX® 9.0c-compliant, SM 3.0-compliant
- HDD: 2 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- What Makes Lawbreakers Special? Press Preview Event Recap
- The gameplay is what will really set it apart, though. Pricing aside, this game is fast-paced, intense, and gravity-defying action.
- Nebula Online hits Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight
- Space MMORPG Nebula Online from Komar Games is now on Kickstarter with 45 days campaign to raise funds. During this time the developers hope t...
- Dragon Nest Resurrection Update Now Live
- The Resurrection update in Nexon’s fast-paced 3D action-RPG Dragon Nest is now live!