MageQuit Announced as Upcoming Top-Down Spell-Blasting Brawler
Bowlcut Studios announced that they have an upcoming top-down wizard brawler launching on Steam this Fall (Q3 2019). It will leave Early Access then and have ten players doing battle wizard-style, blasting each other with magical spells. Players will have up to seven spells to use, and physics as an ally, and if they can control the elements and land perfect shots, they just might be the ultimate wizard. As a wizard, players are given enchanted glowing D20 staves, which are empowered with elemental magic. The Wizards beards grow longer with each kill, and the longest beard at the end wins.
“MageQuit is the product of our passions for creating and love of video games,” said Brett Pennings, developer and co-founder of Bowlcut Studios. ”A sense of humor and dedication to a vision have landed us where we are with MageQuit, and we couldn’t be more excited to share this title with gamers everywhere and watch them play the game in ways we never imagined.”
Matches can be played with two teams, three teams, or as a free-for-all every-mage-for-themselves beards-to-the-wall brawl. Team games, however, present unique opportunities for success, such as pushing the enemy team off a cliff or a classic game of wizard hockey with the highest stakes. Players have to out-wit and out-cast their opponents, and at the start of a round they draft a set of spells, adding new ones each round. There are hundreds of potential combinations, and spells are dodgeable, making it a very tactical, satisfying game.
“I’ve always liked finding ways to be feisty in games and MageQuit’s playful graphics and unique systems invites players to do that. I’m constantly finding new and ridiculous combinations to pull off,” said Chad Pennings, artist and co-founder of Bowlcut Studios. “We’ve taken the best parts of a MOBA, created a drafting system, and combined them in such a way that MageQuit is both a hilarious party game and a competitive, think-on-your-feet challenge at the same time.”
Key Features of MageQuit Include:
- A New Kind of Brawler: Inspired by various genre hits such as Rocket League and Warlock, MageQuit aims to bends the tried and true gameplay elements by adding environmental effects and devastating spells that directly cater to the laws of physics.
- The Fun is in the Numbers: Eight stages. Thirty-five spells. Over 400 different spell combinations. Up to ten players. It all adds up to an infinite amount chaotic beard-blasting fun!
- If You Can Dodge a Wrench, You Can Dodge a Spell: With the ability to use physics to your advantage, players will be able to accurately cast a spell and control its trajectory to knock out opponents before they even see it coming! Adversely, players must keep a steady eye on the battlefield to dodge any shattering blows that an opponent has unleashed!
- Beard Envy FTW: At the start of each round, players choose new spells from the thirty-five available before each round to build a stockpile of mystical powers used to destroy opponents. Harvesting the D20s of those defeated in battle will cause their wizard’s beard to grow. The wizard with the longest beard after nine rounds wins!
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ragnarok Online Begins War Of Emperium
- Gravity Interactive has launched a new economic battle event in Ragnarok Online.
- City of Heroes Releases Issue 23 Update
- NCSoft has released the latest update to City of Heroes, titled Where Shadows Lie
- Grand Chase Gets Tower of Disappearance Dungeon
- KOG Games releases Grand Chase's most difficult dungeon to date: Tower of Disappearance.