EVE Online’s New ‘Arms Race’ Update Massively Expands Gameplay for Free-to-Play Players
As of today, players with alpha Accounts in EVE Online can enjoy free access to a vastly increased range of skills, spaceships, and weaponry. They announced the launch of this ‘Arms Race’ update which boosts the gameplay experience for all free-to-play players, known as Alpha Clones. Introduced in last year’s Ascension expansion, Alpha accounts enable players to permanently join hundreds of thousands of established users in EVE Online’smassive space sandbox for free. Alpha pilots can enjoy greater immersion and participation in the game as well as offering greater incentive for veteran players to come back to the game. It will enable them to fly powerful ships in their old player groups once again without a subscription. With the release of this update, EVE Online’s players can enjoy an event catered toward the newfound power of Alpha Clones. Running from December 5 – 12, the Arms Race event celebrates free access to Battlecruisers and Battleships, and provides rewards themed around them. Further info can be found in the link below.
“There has never been a better time to join the universe of EVE and begin your own unique space adventure, or re-join and continue your journey,” said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CCP’s CEO. “The increased flexibility and depth of the free Alpha Clone experience means that EVE is more accessible than ever. EVE players can return and fly their favorite ships for free, re-uniting with old corpmates or continue forging their own destiny to make their mark on the universe.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- HEX: Shards of Fate - Shattered Destiny set Released
- Today, Gameforge and HEX Entertainment are releasing the second card set – Shattered Destiny – for the digital trading card game HEX: Shar...
- Camelot Unchained Announces New Stretch Goal and Engineer
- Today, City State Entertainment made two important announcements for Camelot Unchained.
- Forge of Empires Reaches 10 Million Registered Players
- Approximately one year after its start, InnoGames can now proudly announce it has reached its 10 millionth registration for the online game.