World Cup football stadium hosts DOTA 2 eSports competition
One of Germany’s 2006 World Cup football stadiums, Commerzbank-Arena, will play host to eSports competition on June 28th and 29th as the Electronic Sports League (ESL) prepare to showcase ESL One Frankfurt at the venue. In the place of performers such as Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones and Madonna, the video game Dota 2 will fill the legendary stadium.
“Dota 2 saw the first ever million dollar prize pool and this year I am pleased to say it will see its first ever packed stadium. With a capacity of over 35,000, ESL One Frankfurt 2014 is poised to be the largest eSports spectacle Dota 2 has ever seen,” said Managing Director of Pro Gaming, Ulrich Schulze. “Our newly launched ESL One season will see some of the best Dota 2 action the world has to offer. I’m very excited to see finals played out centre stage at such an iconic stadium. With a focused goal of creating legendary esports experiences for our fans, ESL One Frankfurt will be the first of many massive scale ESL events in the years to come.”
Over the course of two days, eight of the world’s best Dota 2 teams will take to their computers in order to decide the ESL One Frankfurt 2014 champion. Watched by millions around the world, the winners will take home the lion’s share of an impressive US$150,000 prize pool, which fans will be able to further contribute to online through purchase of in-game items.
Tickets for the event are available through ESL One’s dedicated tournament site. For more information surrounding ticketing, the tournament, etc. please visit: http://www.esl-one.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Arctic Combat Expands into South America
- Webzen has announced the opening of the new South American server for their multiplayer online tactical FPS Arctic Combat.
- The West Update 2.0 to Launch Soon
- InnoGames has announced that the 2.0 update for the popular browser role-playing game The West will be launching soon.
- Spiritwish Brings Exciting Multi-Character Gameplay
- Spiritwish is the latest mobile RPG to come from Nexon on both iOS and Android and is now free to play.