Webzen Celebrates 14th Anniversary of MU Online
WEBZEN, a global developer and publisher of free-to-play games, today announced that the full-3D MMORPG MU Online has released its expansion roadmap for “Season XI”.
Celebrating MU Online’s 14th anniversary, WEBZEN today held a press conference named “MU:STORY and Next…” in Seoul, Korea.
MU Online is the first ever Full 3D online game in Korea. Since 2001, MU Online has been running for 14 years now, and in many countries, still have a significant number of registered players, with 8.5 million in Korea alone. A fantasy RPG that takes place on the legendary continent of MU, the game has grown in 14 years to incorporate not just the usual hack and slash events, raids and quests, it also boasts large castle siege events. It was the trailblazer in 3-D MMOs and added to that, it is very easy and simple to play and a strong community.
Moreover, MU Online has had a quite impressive history. Over the course of its life, over 30,000,000 characters have created on to MU Online for a combined total of over 5.4 billion hours (that’s over 620,000 years!) of play-time. Together WEBZEN has released and enjoyed 10 major updates, along with numerous smaller content patches, events and other milestones.
WEBZEN currently works together with local publishers in other countries such as China, Japan, Thailand, etc. to provide service in corresponding countries and also provides global service via its global game portal ‘WEBZEN.com’.
WEBZEN also works in partnership with FHL games for a distribution channel service of MU Online. MU Online is available in Spanish language through ‘KAYBO.com’, game portal service of FHL games. WEBZEN plans to expand the distribution channel service in order to add support for more languages.
Season XI will introduce a new map ‘Ferea’, including the most powerful boss monster, a new armour set ‘Dark Angle’ and new skills, and this upcoming expansion is currently scheduled for spring 2016 in the West.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Atlas Reactor Season 5 is Underway
- The competitive tactics game Atlas Reactor kicks off 2018 with a bang! Season 5 starts today, with brand new content!
- Prepare for a Month of Amazing TERA Events to Mark Their Sixth-Anniversary on PC
- TERA first launched on PC on May 1st, 2012 and continues to go strong with consistent, engaging content.
- Final Fantasy XIV - Blue Mage Impressions
- Most MMOs release their new class with a new expansion, but Final Fantasy XIV certainly broke that trend with Blue Mage.