Wargaming to Offer Financial Support to Open-Source Development Foundations
Wargaming, the leading free-to-play developer and publisher, today announced that the company will be financially supporting three key open source development foundations, including The Linux Foundation, the Django Software Foundation and the Wikimedia Foundation.
While primarily known as a video game publisher and developer, Wargaming utilizes a wide array of open source technologies to power their successful gaming titles. At a corporate level, Wargaming is committed to supporting technologies that the company regularly leverages, not only to fuel existing development, but also to help grow and evolve these technologies for future use.
“Wargaming relies heavily on a number of different open source technologies to help us create our legendary MMO universe, whether it’s using Linux to power our servers, Django to build our web project frameworks or Wikimedia to help us in our research efforts,” said Maksim Melnikau, Solutions Architect at Wargaming. “As a company, we’d like to say thank you to all the developers, testers and users who’ve helped create these awesome tools and to let them know we’re extremely honored to hopefully help them continue their great work moving into the future.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- April Fool's Roundup
- Let's have a little light-hearted fun! April Fool's is one of my favorite parts of being a gaming journalist.
- WarpPortal Halloween Celebrations Begin October 16
- Gravity Interactive invites players and fans alike to participate in spooky celebrations in all of WarpPortal’s games.
- Warframe Celebrates Third Anniversary
- Today, Warframe is celebrating its three year anniversary with all players with gifts and a special discount.