Clandestine: New co-op spy game enters Alpha testing
Danish indie developer Logic Artists today announced that Clandestine is now in alpha for PC. Set during the mid-1990’s, Clandestine is a globetrotting spy fantasy with asymmetrical cooperative gameplay mechanics and a deep, dark storyline.
With the alpha announcement, Logic Artists has also revealed new details about the two player roles in Clandestine: The Spy and The Hacker. Using familiar 3rd-person stealth game mechanics such as concealed weapons, (including grenades and handguns), a stealth cover system, brutal lethal as well as non-lethal takedowns and cool gadgets, the Spy must covertly enter corporate headquarters, hideouts and safe houses across two continents. Meanwhile, the Hacker utilizes a 2D computer interface, reminiscent of the mid-1990’s, to run support for the Spy on the ground by controlling and disabling security cameras, locking and unlocking digitally controlled doors and systems, blinding enemies by synchronously turning on and off all lights in an area, bribing enemies and non-player characters (NPCs) and coordinating Dead Drops of Health and Ammo for the Spy.
“The symbiotic relationship between the Spy and the Hacker forms the backbone of Clandestine’s gameplay mechanics, as to achieve success players must work together and communicate to overcome obstacles and escape dangerous situations”, said Jonas Wæver, Lead Designer for Logic Artists. “Now that we have reached the alpha milestone we are really ironing out the co-op features of Clandestine to make sure that whether gamers prefer to play as Hacker or Spy, each role is equally as fun, interesting and satisfying”.
For more info, visit www.facebook.com/logicartists
Articles You May Enjoy
- Neverwinter Announced for Microsoft Windows Store
- Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced a Windows Store version of Neverwinter coming to Windows 10.
- PlanetSide 2 Coming to Competitive Gaming With Major League Gaming
- Sony Online Entertainment and Major League Gaming today announced a robust partnership to introduce PlanetSide®2 to MLG's competitiv...
- Arm Yourselves! Guardians of Ember Leaves Steam Early Access
- Though longer than anticipated, Guardians of Ember's time in Steam Early Access is at an end!