Wargaming: The Year In Review
Wargaming, publisher of World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships, has released a statement reviewing its key achievements for 2012.
“Wargaming has demonstrated sustainable growth and solid performance during 2012, mainly due to the success of our headliner — World of Tanks,” said Andrei Yarantsau, VP of Global Operations. “The tremendous success of World of Tanks has showcased that the company has developed a strong and reliable technological platform with an incredible amount of remaining potential. The result is that we’ll keep being able to provide top-notch online services and regular high quality content and updates.”
Wargaming substantially expanded its gamer community this year, seeing over 45 million virtual tankmen internationally in World of Tanks, plus setting a new simultaneous players record of over 600,000 gamers dueling at once on a single game server in Russia. World of Tanks has seen eight extensive updates, adding two new playable in-game nations, over 100 new tanks, and 10 new battle arenas. The game also entered the eSports arena officially at the WCG 2012 Grand Finals in Kunshan, China.
“We’ve made a huge step forward this year, as far as development workflow is concerned,” commented Michael Vatsovsky, EVP of Development. “We’ve introduced multiple updates for World of Tanks, and hands down, the 8.0 has been the most crucial of them all. It’s a huge milestone that’s made the game look and feel completely different. Player feedback has been absolutely positive, and this is what encourages us to move on and on.”
Wargaming has continued to work on World of Warplanes and World of Warships this year, with World of Warplanes in closed beta testing and the first official screenshot release of World of Warships, not yet available for public testing. Wargaming also announced the development of World of Tanks Generals, a browser-based title combining real-time strategy and collectible card gaming. The company also launched a new portal on Wargaming.net, which will eventually service all three titles on an integrated in-and-out-of-game platform.
Wargaming’s achievements have been recognized with numerous awards in 2012, including the Golden Joystick Award 2012 for Best MMO. The company continues to expand its team and development for continued growth in the MMO industry.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ubisoft Adds Monuments to Anno Online
- Today, Ubisoft has announced a new features for their free-to-play, browser-based world-building strategy game, Anno Online, mainly focused on...
- Super Evil Megacorp Announces Official Launch Date for Vainglory
- Vainglory developer Super Evil Megacorp today revealed that the official commercial launch date for the critically acclaimed MOBA.
- MMOHuts Weekly Recap #90 June 17 - Tera Online, SD Gundam, Shaiya Phoenix, Spirit Tales, & More
- MMOHut takes a look at the MMO news for the week of June 10th (6/11 - 6/17) including news about Tera, SD Gundam Capsule Fighter, Runes of Mag...