Vainglory Announces International Premier League & More
Super Evil Megacorp, creators of hit touch screen MOBA Vainglory is announcing several key news pieces that will help take the game and mobile esports to the next level.
Super Evil is partnering with OnGameNet (OGN), one of the top Korean broadcasters and the company who helped create esports as we know it today, to launch the first-ever Vainglory International Premier League (IPL) starting August 16, where the best Vainglory players from around the world will compete in a five-week league, broadcast twice a week live on prime-time TV in Korea and streamed to millions of people around the globe. Plus, Super Evil is expanding in China with a partnership with leading online company, Giant Interactive.
The company is also revealing today a new $26M round of funding led by Index Ventures (Supercell, Skype and others) as well as Yuri Milner, Jim Breyer (one of the first investors in Facebook and one of the most experienced American venture capitalists investing in China) and Korea Investment Partners (the largest and most highly regarded Venture Capital firm in Korea).
You can find out more about all of these changes in the latest blog post.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Command and Conquer: Back to the Roots Dev Diary
- C&C's dev team talks about what the series has lost over the years and how they plan to bring it back to what made the original great...
- Novus AEterno Plans Saturday Night Livestream
- Taitale announces a livestream Q&A for Novus AETerno on February 1.
- Perfect World Announces Fortuna
- Perfect World Entertainment Inc. is excited to announce that the browser-based strategy title, Fortuna, will be available on July 18, 2013.