Total War: Warhammer Announces Mod Support & Steam Workshop
Creative Assembly is pleased to announce that both the Assembly Kit and Steam Workshop support will be added to Total War: WARHAMMER for launch. The development team will be assisting some modders in readying their mods to release day and date with the game itself.
Though it was announced previously that the title would not benefit from official mod and Workshop support, CA and Games Workshop have been working away on the paperwork to make this much-demanded fan feature a reality.
- So, from launch, players will be able to:
- Visit Steam Workshop For Total War: WARHAMMER – and upload, browse, follow, discuss and install available mods straight from Steam, and access and manage them from the new Total War Mod Manager.
- Get the Assembly Kit – CA’s modding tool box, previously released for Steam Workshop, will release with the Database Editor and BOB for modifying and exporting database tables and campaign start positions, with the aim to add further functionality, including battle map editing, later in the year.
- Download Mods – Attendees to CA’s Mod Summits over the last three years will be supplied early access to the game, to help populate the Steam Workshop from day one. Also, well-known modders Magnar and Dresden will receive specific help from the dev team to produce certain mods. Magnar is designing a Legendary Lord Start Position Mod; customising start positions so that Legendary Lords will start in different locations from Race Leaders, while Dresden is engineering a Regional Occupation Mod; altering the settlement rules to enable each race to settle every region.
Alongside the enabling of Steam Workshop, the DotA2 Team at Valve announced last week that they will be accepting submissions for a new Warhammer-themed treasure to mark the release of the game. Also free for any pre-orders made on the platform, further details can be found here: http://blog.dota2.com/2016/04/warhammer-comes-to-the-dota-2-workshop/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Torchlight Available for Free on Arc for Limited Time
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of widely-acclaimed free-to-play MMORPGs, announced the availability of Torchligh...
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Begins Octopath Traveler Collaboration
- Square-Enix revealed the start of their first-ever Octopath Traveler collaboration within Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius.
- Eldevin joins Steam Greenlight
- Hunted Cow Studios has been hard at work with their biggest browser-based title now joining Steam's Greenlight platform. Eldevin is alrea...