Starcraft 2: Season 1 Finals Coming Soon
ESL, the world’s largest eSports company, today announced that the Season 1 Finals for Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft® II World Championship Series will be held at Gamers Assembly in Poitiers, France. The top 16 players representing Europe, North America, Latin America, China, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, and Oceania are set to converge on the French city from April 3–5 to battle it out for a total of $217,000 USD in prize money.
“France boasts one of the world’s most concentrated StarCraft II communities in the world,” said David Kugelmann, Product Manager at ESL. “Gamers Assembly, which has been steadily growing since its conception in the early 2000s, was the perfect choice of location for the Season 1 Finals as it offers a fantastic setting in which to have some of the world’s best players compete.”
The popular French broadcasting team O’Gaming will provide live commentary for the event and assist in hosting the World Championship Series stage at Gamers Assembly. Joining the French team will be a host of English-speaking StarCraft II commentators and analysts, to be announced in the coming days.
“Gamers Assembly is proud to host one of the most famous competitions in the world. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Blizzard and ESL for their confidence in our organization,” said Vincent Colas, President of FuturoLAN, organizers of Gamers Assembly. “We see it as recognition of years of work and passion provided by our volunteers who contributed to this event.”
Gamers Assembly 2015 will be a celebration of the gaming and eSports communities, featuring multiple gaming opportunities and avenues alongside the StarCraft II WCS Season 1 Finals, for which the following players will take to the stage:
- Jens ‘Snute’ Aasgaard (Norway)
- Choi ‘Polt’ Seong Hun (South Korea)
- Grzegorz ‘MaNa’ Komincz (Poland)
- Sam ‘Kane’ Morrissette (Canada)
- Park ‘ForGG’ Ji Soo (South Korea)
- Joona ‘Serral’ Sotala (Finland)
- Wang ‘XiGua’ Lei (China)
- Dario ‘TLO’ Wünsch (Germany)
- Patrick ‘Bunny’ Brix (Denmark)
- Jared ‘PiG’ Krensel (Australia)
- Sébastien ‘FireCake’ Lebbe (France)
- Ke ‘Has’ Yu Feng (Taiwan)
- Tobias ‘ShoWTimE’ Sieber (Germany)
- Shin ‘Hydra’ Dong Won (South Korea)
- Vesa ‘Welmu’ Hovinen (Finland)
- Hu ‘MacSed’ Xiang (China)
For more information, please visit www.eslgaming.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Path of Exile: 'The Karui Way' Issue #1 Now Available
- In conjunction with comic book and graphic novel publisher Dynamite Entertainment, Grinding Gear Games, developer of the critically-acclaimed ...
- Marvel Contest of Champions Adds Ronin to the Roster
- Marvel Contest of Champions brings the former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Clint Barton to the battleground, as Ronin!
- World of Warplanes Adds Two Brand-New Modes
- A limited-time event is coming to World of Warplanes, to let players earn two unique warplanes for their squadron.