Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes of the Storm Launch Review
- HotS is not a LoL-killer. It stands out on its own merits, without trying to crush the competition.
- 2014 MMO Predictions – The Rise of Non-Linear MMOs
- It’s becoming more apparent that gamers are getting burnt out on MMOs altogether, mainly due to how restricted MMOs have been come. Mikedot ...
- Robocraft supports MegaBots' Kickstarter campaign
- In support of this project, Robocraft have created a battle-ready, virtual robot of the MegaBots MK.II in their game.