Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Warframe Launches Harrow Update on Xbox One and PS4
- Good news for console players of Warframe: The Harrow Update arrives on both consoles. It offers a new Frame, Quest and more.
- Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Coming Early 2015
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Elemental Evi...
- FLYFF's Latest Expansion Confirmed for European & American Regions
- WEBZEN today confirms that the latest expansion for popular manga MMORPG FLYFF – Fly For Fun will be released on European & American ser...