Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 Reveals Ventari: New Legend for Revenant
- Today ArenaNet revealed Ventari, a new legend for the revenant profession debuting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
- Marvel Heroes 2016 Guide: Black Bolt
- They kept him incredibly true to character, and use a different system for building/utilizing power.
- Ironkill: Holiday Robot Update Now Available
- Play Motion, the new mobile studio formed by the team leads of Total Recall and the critically acclaimed hit Real Steel: World Robot Boxing, a...