Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tree of Savior: New Info on International Test server
- A new update from the Tree of Savior team talks about the use of language pack files that can be updated on the fly while playing the game. Ea...
- Dying Light: Free Content Updates Coming Soon
- As a part of its long-term support program for Dying Light, Techland today revealed the first details about upcoming new content for the game....
- Otherland Coming To Early Access on Steam August 26
- Unreal-powered Client Action MMORPG, Otherland will be available on Steam on August 26, 2015.