Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Eldevin: Patch 1.17 introduces mounts
- Hunted Cow Studios have released Patch 1.17 for Eldevin, their free-to-play 3D MMORPG, bringing mounts to the game for the first time. Eldevin...
- The Repopulation reveals new lore: "Evening Star"
- The world of The Repopulation gets fleshed out just a bit more with new lore revealed on January 14th, with new short story based on the landi...
- Shotgun News 12/20: Everquest Next Landmark, Hearthstone, Defiance, and Much More!
- The last Shotgun News of 2013 with news from Everquest Next Landmark, Defiance, Hearthstone, and more.