Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE: New god 'Ao Kuang' Revealed
- Regal and powerful, the Dragon King of the Eastern Sea commands storms and tides with the flick of a claw, and now Ao Kuang is the 60th god on...
- Marvel Heroes 2016 Guide: Black Bolt
- They kept him incredibly true to character, and use a different system for building/utilizing power.
- Dizzel beta now available
- OGPlanet is excited to announce the start of the first Beta test for Dizzel, an eagerly anticipated new action shooter from Neowiz and NS Stud...