Paladins Announces New Battle Royale Gamemode And More
At Hi-Rez Expo 2018, a new game mode for Paladins was announced: Battlegrounds, a Battle Royale mode.
The Battlegrounds mode will be free for all when it is released, and is currently available for testing in early alpha at HRX. It is expected for launch in 2018.
Designed from the ground-up to be played in teams, players must work together to survive in Paladins: Battlegrounds. Supports struggle to keep their Front Liners alive, while Damage Champions let the bullets fly and Flanks look for any possible assassination.
Players spawn into a massive map — over 300 times the square footage of a typical Paladins’ Siege map. Then they hop onto their mounts and begin exploring, looting their way through more than four dozen outposts and tracking zeppelins that drop legendary gear.
As the fog contracts, the stakes are raised. The last team standing wins. And that’s not easy with 100 players all fighting to win.
Also announced for Paladins at the key note:
- Paladins’ 35th Champion, Moji. This magical Flank introduces a new species to the Realm, the Leipori. She rides a summoned two-headed dragon into battle, feeding it snacks to reload its magical energy.
- New game mode: Team Deathmatch. The only objective is slaying in this new game mode, which comes with a new map: Trade District.
- New mount type: Battle Cats. The first battle cat mount, the Primal Prowler, is exclusively available free to Twitch Prime members. Twitch Prime members will also get a Twitch Prime King Bomb King skin, and other bonus content.
- New mobile game: Paladins Strike. Still in development, Paladins Strike is a hero shooter, but with controls of a MOBA and an top-down view and interface refined for mobile. Players can sign up for testing at HRXStrike.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Jagex Games Studio Appoints New CEO
- Jagex Games Studio, creators of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, today announced the appointment of Rod Cousens to the position of CEO.
- S4 League Debuts Community-Designed Content
- Aeria Games has just released tons of new content for their hugely popular anime third-person shooter, S4 League!
- World of Speed introduces the Ford Mustang GT
- Introducing the Ford Mustang GT - the latest car to join World of Speed.