Paladins: Champions of the Realm is a free to play FPS developed by Hi-Rez Studios. Focused on team-based strategy, Paladins combines FPS combat with RPG elements and a collectible card system that allows players to amplify and augment their characters with different abilities.
The card system has changed since its inception, and now you acquire cards and place them in a deck to raise your deck power. Each point you put into a card increases its rarity [from Common and up] and each upgrade makes the card even more powerful, allowing for intense amounts of customization even in a small amount of cards. It is presently in Open Beta and is still growing with a current pool of seventeen champions that fulfill the traditional MOBA roles of Damage, Support/Heals, and Tanks.
Fast, skill-based action: All weapons in Paladins are projectiles, requiring players to take great aim in order to hit their targets.
Mount up: Players can use various mounts in order to traverse the large battlefields.
Customization: Collect cards from battles and use them to increase your hero’s abilities.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Hi-Rez Studios
- Publisher: Hi-Rez Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
- +Competitive gameplay.
- +Great F2P alternative to Overwatch.
- +Moderate system requirements.
- -Very similar to Overwatch.
- -Champions must be purchased to own.
- -Poor matchmaking system.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better with 768 MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 Compatible)
- HDD: 10 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- European Lineage 2 Grand Crusade Update Released
- European servers of Lineage 2 shall be updated with a brand new Grand Crusade update during maintenance on Tuesday, April 25.
- Heroes of the Storm: The Lost Vikings Have Returned
- The Lost Vikings are back! While they briefly considered retirement after defeating the emperor Tomator, there were only so many polar bears t...
- ESO: Morrowind Launch Day Impressions
- I remember when I first played Elder Scrolls Online. It was a chaotic, rough time.