Maxthon Releases New Browser with C2Ray Game Engine
Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today announced the release of a new Windows PC web browser that includes a high performance gaming engine. The new browser now offers console-quality games without requiring any additional downloads. A beta version of a games portal — mxplay.net – has also been released.
“This is the next step in our gaming strategy,” said Jeff Chen, Founder and CEO of Maxthon. “We’re testing the waters right now with a new title, ‘Original Blood.’ But that is only the beginning of a Maxthon games service that includes offer country-specific games portals offering a range of casual to more immersive games.”
Maxthon has partnered with C2Ray —which has created the C2Ray gaming engine. The C2Ray engine offers true multi-platform, high performance MMORPG gaming, also offers a host of developer tools that simplify and democratize game development.
“We chose C2Ray because it is architected and built to perform where the game industry is going —online and available for multiple devices,” Said Karl Mattson, VP International. “Other game engines tend to be retro-fitted to work for online use — which leaves a lot to be desired in terms of scalability and performance. C2Ray and Maxthon share similar DNA. Like our browsers, C2Ray was created and optimized for a world where users are playing online, on multiple devices and platforms. In that sense it’s more future-proof.”
Gamers interested in testing this new technology can go to mxplay.net and try out Maxthon’s first title, ‘Original Blood’ – a free-to-play 3D MMORPG where werewolves and vampires battle against humans.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Durango Limited Beta Preview
- You are transported into a tropical world called Durango as your character experiences scenes that feel taken right out of Train to Busan.
- Cards and Castles Announces Spring Time Update
- Bit Mass has announced that Cards and Castles will be getting a new update on Thursday, May 14.
- League of Angels II Treasure Seeker Event begins
- League of Angels II has begun a new Treasure Seeker event to keep players busy during the hot summer.