Maxthon Releases New Browser with C2Ray Game Engine
Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today announced the release of a new Windows PC web browser that includes a high performance gaming engine. The new browser now offers console-quality games without requiring any additional downloads. A beta version of a games portal — mxplay.net – has also been released.
“This is the next step in our gaming strategy,” said Jeff Chen, Founder and CEO of Maxthon. “We’re testing the waters right now with a new title, ‘Original Blood.’ But that is only the beginning of a Maxthon games service that includes offer country-specific games portals offering a range of casual to more immersive games.”
Maxthon has partnered with C2Ray —which has created the C2Ray gaming engine. The C2Ray engine offers true multi-platform, high performance MMORPG gaming, also offers a host of developer tools that simplify and democratize game development.
“We chose C2Ray because it is architected and built to perform where the game industry is going —online and available for multiple devices,” Said Karl Mattson, VP International. “Other game engines tend to be retro-fitted to work for online use — which leaves a lot to be desired in terms of scalability and performance. C2Ray and Maxthon share similar DNA. Like our browsers, C2Ray was created and optimized for a world where users are playing online, on multiple devices and platforms. In that sense it’s more future-proof.”
Gamers interested in testing this new technology can go to mxplay.net and try out Maxthon’s first title, ‘Original Blood’ – a free-to-play 3D MMORPG where werewolves and vampires battle against humans.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Worlds 2016: Group Stage Day 1 Recap
- It’s time for Worlds! The best teams from all over the world are here and ready to rumble.
- European Lineage 2 Grand Crusade Update Released
- European servers of Lineage 2 shall be updated with a brand new Grand Crusade update during maintenance on Tuesday, April 25.
- Elite: Dangerous Preview
- Elite: Dangerous allows one to become an intergalactic trucker, facing off against pirates as they traverse the galaxy in search of profit.