Marvel Contest of Champions – Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) Spotlight
Fresh out of Spider-Man: Far From Home, Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) is shown off by Marvel Contest of Champions. It’s today’s spotlight, and here’s a brief bio, followed by his strengths and weaknesses.
“Traveling light (without The Suit made by Tony Stark), Peter Parker is in Europe with his Midtown High School classmates — when Nick Fury shows up looking for Spider-Man (Stealth Suit). Apparently, Elemental Creature attacks have been going on throughout Europe and a closer investigation into these attacks is needed. Spider-Man is given his own tactical Stealth Suit, made for him by the very same S.H.I.E.L.D agent who outfits Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and the rest of the team.”
About Spider-Man (Stealth Suit):
Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) is given his own tactical Stealth Suit, made for him by the very same S.H.I.E.L.D agent who outfits Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and the rest of the team.
Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)’s Mechanics:
Ending combos in a Light attack or utilizing Special 2 allows Spider-Man to throw unique Debuffs on his opponent while dishing out damage.
Depending on the Web Cartridge players bring into a fight using the Pre-Fight Ability will allow Spider-Man to shut down powerful defensive Abilities such as Unstoppable and Evade, stop Defensive Power Gain, or increase Critical Damage.
Since Web Cartridges are limited, you will want to strike fast and end the fight quickly — or you can use Special Attack 3 to reload.
Base Stats & Abilities:
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
HEALTH: 12163 ATTACK: 1294
WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4852
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3862
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
HEALTH: 24387 ATTACK: 2595
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7759
WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10640
Character Class: Skilled
Basic Abilities: Pre-Fight Ability, Evade, Enervate, Slow, Vulnerability, Precision
Utility: Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) is able to bring one of three unique abilities into a fight. Access to a Slow Debuff shuts down opponents who Evade or become Unstoppable. The Enervate Debuff stops the enemy from gaining Power when struck and the Vulnerability Debuff can be used as a significant damage boost.
Evade: Using his Spider-Sense, Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) has a high chance to Evade incoming Basic Attacks. This ability goes on cooldown but can be reactivated using Special Attack 1 giving him a reliable way to avoid damage.
True Strike / True Accuracy: Champions that can ignore Evade effects with True Strike and True Accuracy have an easier time dealing damage to Spider-Man (Stealth Suit). Likewise, effects such as Slow can also provide the same effect.
Purify: Opponents who can reliably Purify Debuffs will limit Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)’s damage as Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) needs to replace the Debuffs on his Opponent in order to boost his damage output.
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) gains +1333.33 Critical Rating versus Sinister Six and Symbiote champions.
- When a Web Cartridge Debuff is replaced, gain a Fury Passive increasing Attack Rating by 1941 for 25 seconds.
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) uses his web-shooters at point-blank range for some of his Basic Attacks. These Hits do not make contact.
Developer’s Note: Replacing a Debuff occurs when a Debuff is inflicted while the same Debuff is already active on the opponent. Be sure to inflict a Web Cartridge Debuff a moment before your last one expires to replace it and gain a Fury Passive. Choose the right moment to replace the Debuff to maximize Debuff and Fury up-time.
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) begins the fight with a Spider-Sense Charge granting him a Passive 70% chance to Evade incoming Basic Attacks when not Blocking.
- When Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) Evades an attack, Spider-Sense goes on cooldown for 25 seconds.
- Dodging or Evading incoming hits pauses Fury and Precision Passives for 3.50 seconds.
Developer’s Note: This ability provides a great deal of offensive power when the Evade is never triggered and attacks are dodged instead. If an attack is dodged or Evaded, any Active Fury or Precision passives are paused which can increase your overall damage output.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Web-Shooters – Pre-Fight Ability:
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) has 1 Persistent Charge which can be consumed before the fight to load either a Tranquilizer, Web-Foam, or Flash Bang Cartridge into his web-shooters. Only 1 type of Cartridge may be loaded.
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) starts the fight with 5 Charges of his loaded Web Cartridge.
- If no Cartridge type is loaded, Spider-Man brings in Flash Bang Web Cartridges by default.
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) expends Web Cartridge Charges inflicting Web Cartridge Debuffs when striking with Light Attack 4 or Special Attack 2.
- At the start of the fight, gain back 1 Persistent Charge if it was spent.
Developer’s Note: The first Pre-Fight Ability debuted with Human Torch, and we hope to expand on this new mechanic with Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) .
Instead of this ability acting as an on/off switch for the Human Torch’s Flame On! Ability, Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)’s Pre-Fight Ability is split into 3 different Web Cartridge Debuffs the player can choose to enter a fight with.
For Spider-Man (Stealth Suit), the Pre-Fight Ability gives him three possible debuffs to inflict on his Opponent: Slow, Enervate, or Vulnerability. Slow counters Evade and Unstoppable, Enervate shuts down opponents gaining power when struck, and Vulnerability increases damage output.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Web Cartridge Debuffs:
- Tranquilizer – 100% chance to inflict Enervate preventing the Opponent from gaining Power when struck for 3.75 seconds.
- Web-Foam – 100% chance to inflict a Slow Debuff, reducing the Ability Accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100% for 12 seconds. Opponents with a natural Class Advantage cannot be Slowed. Additionally, while the opponent is Slowed Spider-Man cannot Miss.
- Flash Bang – 100% chance to inflict a Vulnerability Debuff. When attacking a Vulnerable opponent, increase Critical Damage Rating by 1125 and decrease their Block Proficiency by 50% for 12 seconds.
Developer’s Note: The Tranquilizer Web Cartridge is useful in situations versus opponents with potent Power Gain abilities that make it dangerous to attack them.
Bring Web-Foam when facing champions that rely on Unstoppable or Evade to strike back. When either of the above are not needed, the Flash Bang Web Cartridge will significantly increase your damage output.
Special 1 – Stealth with a Kick:
- Re-activates Spider-Sense if it is on cooldown.
- If Spider-Sense is not on cooldown, gain a Precision Passive increasing Critical Rating by 8000 for 20 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Time this ability after a Web Cartridge Debuff is replaced to gain a quick spike in damage output. Avoid getting hit to gain the Precision Passive and maximize Spider-Man’s damage output.
Special 2 – S.H.I.E.L.D. Web Slinger:
- The last two hits of this attack each expend a Web Cartridge Charge to inflict a Web Cartridge Debuff. These Debuffs have 250% duration.
- The duration increase lasts until a Web Cartridge Debuff expires. Debuffs that are replaced do not expire.
Developer’s Note: If a Web Cartridge Debuff is replaced using this attack, any subsequent replacements will be replaced at increased duration so it is possible to keep a Web Cartridge Debuff active for the majority of a fight.
Special 3 – Lights Out”
- Gain back all spent Web Cartridge Charges.
Developer’s Note: This is the only way for Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) to gain back his Cartridges once they have been spent. The key to playing Spider-Man correctly is managing when and where to spend your Web Cartridges so that you can reload them without having to wait to build to this attack.
Signature Ability – S.H.I.E.L.D. Enhanced Spider:
- Increases the Potency of Fury Passives by 30%.
Developer’s Note: Spider-Man’s damage increases drastically when this sig is maxed out. Increasing the Potency of his Fury Passives also increases the damage done with critical hits when paired with the Flash Bang Web Cartridge and Special 1.
Bad for Business – Unique – 2* and up: With Vulture
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit): Striking an Enervated Opponent deals 10% of the Damage dealt as Energy Damage.
- Vulture: Start the fight with a Decoy Buff and Vulture stores 5 Chitauri Energy when striking an Opponent suffering from Siphon Charge Debuff.
Spider-Men (Stealth Suit) in Black – Unique – 3* and up: With Spider-Man (Symbiote) and Spider-Man (Miles Morales):
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit): +100% Evade Ability Accuracy against Unblockable attacks while the Opponent has a Vulnerability Debuff.
- Spider-Man (Symbiote and Miles Morales): Evade does not trigger while Blocking.
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales): Special Attack 2 inflicts Power Sting for 8 seconds, dealing 100% of Attack as Direct Damage when the Opponent activates a Special Attack.
- Spider-Man (Symbiote): Heavy Attack inflicts a Vulnerability Debuff for 9 second(s).
Stark Internship – Unique – 4* and up: With Iron Man (Infinity War):
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit): Slowed Opponents also have the Ability Accuracy of Shock and Incinerate effects reduced by 100%.
- Iron Man (Infinity War): The duration of Incinerate and Plasma effects is increased by 50%.
Culture Shock – Unique – 5* and up: With Electro:
- Spider-Man (Stealth Suit): Increases the potency of Fury, and Precision effects that trigger while Spider-Sense is active by 15%.
- Electro: When one of Electro’s Stun abilities fail to trigger, he inflicts a Shock Debuff instead dealing 40% of Attack over 7 seconds.
Glass Cannon: Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) hits his opponents hard right after expending his Web Cartridges. Adding in Glass Cannon will give him a welcome boost in damage while clever use of his Spider-Sense prevents him from taking damage.
Assassin: The added damage and Ability Accuracy reduction make Spider-Man
- (Stealth Suit) deadly versus weakened bosses. Take Assassin in versus Bosses with low health pools to burst them down in a short amount of time.
Despair: If you want to add even more utility to Spider-Man (Stealth Suit), Despair is a great choice. His Special Attack 2 significantly increases the duration of his Web Cartridge Debuffs, to the point where the Opponent’s healing and Regeneration will almost be permanently reduced for the whole fight.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon Nest Reveals Kali
- The enchanted world of 3D action RPG Dragon Nest is heating up as a new savior, Kali, emerges from a desert town hidden away from the rest of ...
- Rival Knights Review
- For all its straight forward simplicity – charge forward on a horse and hit someone with a stick, and whoever stays seated is the victor –...
- DCUO Launches on Xbox One
- After its PAX East build up, DC Universe Online has launched officially on Xbox One today.