Guild Wars 2: Reaper Specialization Revealed
Today ArenaNet revealed the Reaper, the elite specialization for Necromancers, and the third of nine elite specializations debuting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
One of the Reaper’s biggest game changers for Necromancers is related to how the profession is a hands-off damage dealer. Necromancers utilize a host of health-zapping skills and minions to do their dirty work for them. The Reaper elite specialization changes that by giving them the option to arm themselves with powerful greatswords that can annihilate close-knit enemy groups in just a few swipes. The Necromancer’s destructive ethereal form known as the ‘The Death Shroud’ also gets an upgrade with a host of new melee-focused skills using a new, spooky scythe.
ArenaNet is showing the new elite specialization in action with a new video and screenshots accompanying a blog post from Game Designer Robert Gee. You can see the blog post here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-reaper-necromancers-elite-specialization/.
ArenaNet will demo world-first live gameplay of this specialization on Points of Interest airing at 12 p.m. PDT tomorrow, May 15 on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2). You can download the video and new screenshots associated with the Reaper specialization here: http://bit.ly/1KGLfrl. The video can be found on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D76uEgrxDM.
For more information about Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and to have an eye on future updates, be sure to visit: https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en/.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Continent of the Ninth Seal Announces Second Update for 6th Continent - RAEBIN Part 2
- Webzen today revealed sparse details about the second half of their RAEBIN continent update in C9 - Continent of the Ninth Seal.
- The Red Solstice: New co-op survival game heading for Steam Early Access
- The Red Solstice, from Croatian developer Ironward, will be hitting Steam Early Access on July 10. The game is a tactical, co-operative surviv...
- Endless Legend Tempest Expansion Revealed
- Amplitude Studios revealed today the newest expansion for its award-winning 4X strategy game Endless Legend will focus on naval warfare.