Dota 2 to premier at Gamescom
Valve announced today that it will preview the upcoming Dota 2 to the public for the first time at Gamescom – through a special tournament.
“The International” will pit the top 16 Dota teams from the world against each other in a group stage, double elimination playoff in Dota 2. The tournament is sponsored by Nvidia and will award the winning team with a prize of $1 million.
This is the first public event for Dota 2, which is scheduled to release later this year for both PC and Mac.
Dota 2 Championships: First Public Showing at Gamescom
Valve today announced The International. This tournament will be the first time Dota 2 is shown in public, and will take place August 17th -21st at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany.
The International features the 16 best Dota teams in the world competing in the Dota 2 Championships through a group stage, double elimination playoff format over the course of Cologne’s five-day trade show.
The tournament will be broadcast in four languages (Chinese, German, Russian, and English) free of charge. The winning team will receive $1 million.
“The International is the first public Dota 2 event and will give the tens of millions of gamers playing Dota around the world their first look at the new game,” said Gabe Newell, president and founder of Valve. “I have had the good fortune to watch the competitors as they prepare for the tournament, and the level of play is extraordinary.”
In addition to the cash prizes awarded by Valve, NVidia is providing all the hardware for the event.
Dota 2 will be available for the PC and Mac later this year.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons Launches Today
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of widely-acclaimed free-to-play MMORPGs, announced that Neverwinter’s newest c...
- Hearthstone Kobolds & Catacombs Launch Date & Critical Role Special Announced
- Blizzard Entertainment has announced that on December 7, players can enjoy the newest expansion for Hearthstone: Kobolds & Catacombs.
- Ticket to Ride Online Review
- MMOHuts's Ojogo reviews Ticket to Ride Online, a faithful online adaptation of the Ticket to Ride board game by Days of Wonder.