Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Crafting Mastery Announced
ArenaNet has revealed the newest Mastery coming with Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. The Mastery system is one of the key features in the upcoming expansion to Guild Wars 2, introducing a new way for players to grow and progress their max level characters. The newly revealed Mastery track helps players with the ultimate endgame pursuit – their Legendary Journey.
Previously, highly sought-after weapons were available through the Mystic Forge, purchased on the trading post, or through drops from enemies or chests in-game. In Heart of Thorns, players can elect to invest Mastery points in the legendary crafting track, setting them on the journey to acquire their legendary weapon.
A related new addition arriving with the expansion is the Map Bonuses System. This new mechanic adds regularly rotated bonuses to explorable maps offering players crafting materials as a reward for completing events. With this system, searching out crafting materials will be a more streamlined experience. It also offers players incentives to return to areas to earn the materials they need.
More details about how these new systems intertwine and improve the crafting experience in Guild Wars 2 can be found in the official blog linked here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Camelot Unchained Pushes Past $4.02 Million in Crowdfunding
- this money will be spent to outsource animation design to a third party company who will implement roleplay friendly animations.
- Battlefield Hardline: £10,000 Bounty Contest Announced
- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) UK today launched Battlefield Hardline™: Live (#BFHardlineLive), a competition giving players the chance t...
- Skyforge Reveals Anomalies
- Anomalies, the latest high-end content to challenge players in the upcoming sci-fi MMORPG, Skyforge.