Dual Universe: Novaquark Raised 7.4M in Funding
Dual Universe raised over 670k last year, becoming the third highest-funded game on Kickstarter. As of this year though, they received 3.7 million from private investors, bringing their flagship game’s funding to 7.4million dollars, including crowdfunding. This is an unprecedented, gigantic number for an indie game, and the Alpha is expected by the end of Q4 of 2017. C Baillie, CEO at Novaquark said that “With this new round of funding, we have reached a new level of support that will help the project reach its full potential”. The game is ambitious on its own, with a single universe on a CSSC [continuous single-shard cluster], a voxel game on this scale has never been seen before. They want it to be the premiere, the greatest, the one-stop shop for user-generated entertainment, to create this vast ecosystem amplification system not unlike social networking. Players will be free to create their own environments, their own stories. It’s ambitious and with this funding, it just might come to pass.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ragnarok Online Players Pray to the Heavens
- Gravity Interactive has released the latest update for Ragnarok Online's Classic Server: A Prayer to the Heavens.
- OnRPG-MMOHuts Crew to Reveal New Smite Mode on Hi-Rez Stream
- Today at 1pm PST OnRPG's DizzyPW will be facing off in a clash against MMOHut's Bakerman Brad and JamesBl0nde in a never before seen...
- WWE Immortals: WWE SuperStars and Event System Available
- Classic WWF legends return as gods