Dual Universe: Novaquark Raised 7.4M in Funding
Dual Universe raised over 670k last year, becoming the third highest-funded game on Kickstarter. As of this year though, they received 3.7 million from private investors, bringing their flagship game’s funding to 7.4million dollars, including crowdfunding. This is an unprecedented, gigantic number for an indie game, and the Alpha is expected by the end of Q4 of 2017. C Baillie, CEO at Novaquark said that “With this new round of funding, we have reached a new level of support that will help the project reach its full potential”. The game is ambitious on its own, with a single universe on a CSSC [continuous single-shard cluster], a voxel game on this scale has never been seen before. They want it to be the premiere, the greatest, the one-stop shop for user-generated entertainment, to create this vast ecosystem amplification system not unlike social networking. Players will be free to create their own environments, their own stories. It’s ambitious and with this funding, it just might come to pass.
Articles You May Enjoy
- New racer customization available for Quantum Rush
- Today, the GameArt Studio team has released a new video for fans and beta testers of the online future racer, Quantum Rush, that is currently ...
- Hatsune Miku Returns to Brave Frontier in Snow Festival Event
- The Vocaloid, Hatsune Miku is coming back to Brave Frontier in a special 'Snow Festival' Event!
- RuneScape Introduces One of a Kind Update
- Jagex releases a new update for RuneScape, introducing a new Grandmaster epic quest.