TERA is a unique action MMORPG that lets you become a legendary hero. Instead of the traditional target and auto-attack featured in most MMOs, TERA requires your own skill in positioning, aiming, and timing your attacks to take down your foes. With seven races and eight classes to choose from, and a variety of skills, you can customize to suit your style, there will always be a variety of ways to conquer your foes!
With immaculate scenery, solid combat, and visually appealing characters, TERA is an all-around unique MMO that is setting a new standard for MMOs. Focusing on creating a satisfying combat system based on skill, players can experience combat rarely seen on other MMOs.
Baraka – Cousins of the feared giants, Baraka are much kinder and meditative than their barbaric cousins. Their incredible size and durability makes them ideal for long battles.
Popori/Elin – Natural protectors of nature, these creatures take on animalistic forms and excel at harvesting herbs and out-swimming their fellow races.
Castanic – Tricksters by nature, never let one get behind you as their excel at landing critical hits from your blind spot. They’re armor crafting is also top notch.
Human – Leaders and wanderers, humans have faced many hardships and know how to handle situations when the pressure is on. They excel at facing off against other players.
Aman – Hearty blacksmiths hardened from years of slavery under the Giants Empire, The aman can take a beating, break through heavy CC, and prove that they will never be slaves again.
High Elf – Once the mightiest conquerors on Arborea, they’ve banded together with the Federation to use their superior knowledge of the arcane arts to bring down the Argon threat.
Warrior – Agility tanks, capable of constantly dodging out of range of killing blows while maintaining agro on large bosses. Their light armor doesn’t allow for many errors, so expect a high skill cap for this class.
Slayer – Masters of 1 on 1 combat. Slayers dodge, CC, and out dps nearly any opponent so long as they stay in range. As their HP gets lower their adrenaline surges, allowing them to unleash their full potential.
Berserker – Close Range AoE kill shot masters. Though slow and lacking utility, with proper support they can bring down entire armies of enemies in seconds.
Archer – Mobile fast-paced ranged units. With multiple jump backs, heavy hitting skills, and fast AoE attacks, the archer is one of the most well rounded solo classes in the game.
Priest – The generic healing class, all but with some teeth added. Priests are squishy but pump out massive healing and long duration party buffs, as well as a couple devastating close range magic attacks to keep foes away.
Mystic – An out of the ordinary support class, the mystic is a must for any major party. They offer AoE auras that can bolster allies crits, defense, mobility, and mana regen just to name a few, while offering master level revive skills and even supportive summonable pets.
Lancer – The heavy armor clad tank class, what they lack in damage they make up for in pure staying power and chain CC. However they aren’t invincible, as you’ll quickly learn if you miss a couple well timed shield blocks.
Sorceror – Sorcerers fight from range, shaping magic through an arcane disc, channeling the force of will into sheets of flame, icy blades, and spheres of pure energy.
Reaper – Do you want a class that can takeout multiple enemies at once? Do you want a class that is part melee, but also mid-ranged? The reaper is a leather-wearing class that uses chain blades to dispatch their foes. The reaper is a very mobile class that utilizes its chain blades not only to damage, but also absorb health and whip across the battlefield. Reapers begin at level 50, but you may only create a reaper if you have another class that is already level 40 on your server.
Gunner – Gunners are fast-moving, high-DPS ranged combatants who never stop to ask questions—they’re too busy shooting first! With run-and-gun tactics and cool new weapons! A unique aspect of the gunner is how she uses Willpower to activate devastating attacks. A gunner generates Willpower every time she kills an enemy, and when her meter is full…look out! Willpower fades rapidly when not fighting, so don’t stop shooting until every enemy is dead!
TERA: Fate of Arun Expansion
TERA’s first major expansion and the largest content update to date. For the first time, players set sail for the mysterious continent of Northern Arun, to face new enemies and challenges as they embark on an epic story-line.
The new gameplay content features an increased level cap of 65 with all-new class skills, vast new zones and challenging dungeons—plus the unique Coliseum battleground mode, where two teams race to battle enemies in a PvE environment.
The expansion also brings multiple quality-of-life gameplay improvements. Players enjoy a simplified enchanting system, the ability to fuse unused crystals into powerful new ones, and a new quest UI that streamlines leveling by allowing players to teleport right to the action, find groups, or turn in quests from any location.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 01, 2012
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Bluehole Studio
- Publisher: En Masse Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 3.5/5
- +Action and skill based combat.
- +Customizable skills.
- +Visually stunning and fluid.
- -Generic questing system.
- -Gear grind at high levels.
- -Some classes race/gender locked.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, or Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, or better.
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3870 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT, or better.
- HDD: 50GB
- Description: TERA is a unique action MMORPG that lets you become a legendary hero. Instead of the traditional target and auto-attack featured in most MMOs, TERA requires your own skill in positioning, aiming, and timing your attacks to take down your foes.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Gloria Victis Rolls Out Massive Pre-Alpha Updates
- Today Black Eye Games has announced a series of major updates to Gloria Victis, an MMORPG already looking like a breath of fresh air in its pr...
- SMITE's Newest Patch Brings Nu Wa and Controversy
- Today, SMITE has released its latest patch for the game, with the star of the update being a rework for the goddess Nu Wa, along with a visual...
- Guild Wars 2: New evil arises for 'Entanglement' story
- ArenaNet, developer of the acclaimed Guild Wars franchise, today released “Entanglement,” the newest update to the ongoing saga in the Liv...