Valiance Online Dev Blog Series Teases Power Set System
Valiance Online has broken its silence this month with some pretty interesting pre-alpha server updates including a rather colorful character creation set-up, and now a look at the powers that will define your personalized super hero!
Part 1 of their discussion of powers points to a primary/secondary power set system in which players will acquire paths that define their archetype, while building a well-balanced character that acquires a secondary set of skills at a slower rate to balance their overall effectiveness on the battlefield.
Based on the preview, we see melee paths ranging from all out offense, to different tank styles, to full on support leader rolls. Ranged paths on the other hand seem focused on sniping down enemies before they’re seen, fully disabling them, or more standard healer support archetypes.
This is apparently just the tip of the iceberg though, as we won’t understand the full implications of the system until the hybrid power sets or archetype system is fully explained. Check out the full Director Blog here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ascension Mobile TCG gets Promo Pack 4
- Playdek, a leading mobile video game publisher, today announced the release of Promo Pack 4 for the award-winning game Ascension: Chronicle of...
- Bohemia Interactive Weekend Sale and Arma 3 Free Weekend on Steam
- Throughout the weekend, from May 7th up until May 10th, all Steam users are able to play Arma 3 for free.
- Single-player options coming to Quantum Rush (?)
- The developer team of online racer Quantum Rush, which is currently in the open beta phase and has fans all across the world, considers a sing...