Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Aura Kingdom NPC Naming Event
- OnRPG and MMOHuts have partnered with Aeria Games for a special Aura Kingdom NPC naming event in preparation for the incoming beta testing! No...
- FIM Speedway Grand Prix 15 Gets Massive Multiplayer Update
- FIM Speedway Grand Prix 15 has received a major free update (numbered 1.2.0), focused on the multiplayer aspect of the game.
- Elder Scrolls Online Craglorn Update Now Live
- Zenimax has released Update 1, including Craglorn, for Elder Scrolls Online today