Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- June Update Arrives for Spirit Tales
- KoramGame will release the latest update for Spirit Tales on June 13, featuring new, high level content and an increased level cap.
- Combat Arms (EU): New economy updates available
- Nexon Europe is pleased to announce a generous number of new updates to the in-game economy of Combat Arms, the hugely popular online multipla...
- Game of Thrones Ascent Now Available On Mobile Platforms
- Disruptor Beam, the company that brings together fan communities and games, in partnership with HBO Global Licensing and Kongre