Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Become a True Hero in La Tale's New HEROES Expansion
- OGPlanet releases a new expansion for La Tale, introducing a new job class, new skills, and more.
- Runescape: Fan secures all expenses paid trip to annual convention
- Jagex, makers of the multi-award winning fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, is delighted to report on the continued success of RuneScape Bonds, one ye...
- ARK: Survival Evolved Available Now for Mac and Linux
- ARK: Survival Evolved is available now for Mac and Linux on Steam Early Access.