Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Knight Age Completes Closed Beta
- Joymax has announced a successful end to the closed beta for Knight Age.
- New York ComicCon 2015 Day 2 Recap - Back to Japan
- The second day of NYCC has arrived, and today was a hectic run for interviews on some upcoming video game titles.
- TERA Announces Lost Isle Update
- October 13th marks a big day for En Masse Entertainment as a new update arrives in their hit action MMORPG, TERA: Rising!