Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE Patch 3.8 Notes - The Perfect Storm
- Today Hi-Rez revealed the patch notes for Smite patch 3.8, The Perfect Storm, hitting PTS soon.
- Rock The Crater of Cross Fire
- G4Box has announced the Crater, a new challenge for players of Cross Fire.
- Gaming Tournaments Announced For SOE Live
- Sony Online Entertainment has announced the tournaments to be offered at SOE Live (previously Fan Faire) in October, with thousands in dollars...