Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon's Prophet Beta Review
- Dragon’s Prophet is a truly unique fantasy MMORPG from Sony Online Entertainment.
- Lekool Adds Servers for Call of Gods and Thundercall
- Lekool has announced the launch of two new servers for its popular games Call of Gods (16th server) and Thundercall (2nd server).
- Blade 9 Launches CBT on September 9th
- GBE Games’ is set to launch the Closed Beta Test of the new free-to-play MMORPG, Blade 9 on September 9, 2014!