Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legends of Aria Closed Beta Announcements
- Citadel Studios has some pretty big news for the Closed Beta of Legends of Aria.
- Marvel Heroes Adds Human Torch And More in Game Update 1.11
- Gazillion Entertainment have launched a mighty game update for Marvel Heroes, the free-to-play action-MMORPG set in the Marvel Universe!
- Life is Feudal - Next Closed Beta Announced
- Bitbox, developer and publisher of Life is Feudal: MMO, has announced the game's next closed beta test will begin on April 26.