Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Supernova Final Closed Beta Weekend Begins
- The final closed beta for the RTS-MOBA hybrid Supernova begins today.
- ARMA III Launch Review
- First of all I want to go into full detail of how open Bohemia Interactive is with its fans.
- GunSwords Announces First Beta Bash
- Join the developers during GunSwords' first open beta bash, with lots of prizes and epic events!