Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legion of Heroes Launches on Google Play on Oct. 23
- Legion of Heroes is coming to Google Play on Oct. 23, with an iOS version set to release soon.
- PAX East 2015 Day 1 Recap - Trion Worlds, Dreadnought, Indie Games, and Cosplay!
- A full day of intense news coverage followed by a night of even more intense drinking and hobnobbing (and still surprisingly, news coverage!)...
- Elsword Celebrates Eve's Anniversary And Introduces Raid Boss Drabaki
- KOG Games, a leading developer and publisher of popular free-to-play action MMORPGs, today launches into the holiday season with two massive a...