Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Underworld Ascendant Reveals New "Authored Look"
- OtherSide Entertainment is thrilled to debut the new “authored look” for Underworld Ascendant.
- Digimon Masters Online Begins Halloween
- Joymax has announced the start of eerie events in the world of Digimon Masters Online, carrying from today until November 20.
- Mobius Final Fantasy Begins Season 2
- The award-winning Mobius Final Fantasy has begun the next part of its saga with Season 2, "Warrior of Despair".