Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Race the Sun Review
- MMOHut's Ragachak reviews Race the Sun, a daily regenerated racing game from Flippfly.
- KOG To Bring HeroWarZ to North America
- KOG and A.Storm have signed a service contract to bring the popular MMORPG HeroWarz to every gamer in the west.
- The Aurora World Closed Beta Date Announced
- GBE Entertainment Limited has announced they will begin closed beta testing for their new MMORPG The Aurora World on March 7.