Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Diosa Force to Collaborate with DawnBreak: The Flaming Emperor
- Auer Media announced that two franchises, Diosa Force and DawnBreak: The Flaming Emperor will receive a crossover.
- Neverwinter: Curse of Icewind Dale Gets Release Date
- Neverwinter is launching its latest Module, Curse of Icewind Dale, on May 13, 2014.
- WildStar Galactic Drop Part 2 - Raids, Battlegrounds, and PvP Arenas Exposed
- Welcome to part 2 of MMOHuts Galactic Drop WildStar reveal. Because if you can fit everything in a Galactic Drop reveal in a single article, y...