Supercell Acquired by Tencent
Today, Supercell confirmed the news that it is being acquired by Tencent.
The Chinese company will acquire SoftBank’s investment in Supercell, while the game developer will retain its operational independence. In a company blog, CEO Ilkka Paananen stated:
As we started to spend more time getting to know potential strategic partners, it became apparent to us that a partnership with Tencent would secure everything that has made Supercell a success, while also enabling us to take a few pretty big leaps on this journey. . .
Supercell cites multiple reasons for the partnership, including the ability to reach Chinese gamers, work with Riot Games, and keep the company privately held.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Camelot Unchained April Producer's Letter
- Slowly crawling out from the icy grip of one of the worst east coast winters in recent memory, the team at CityState Entertainment offers an u...
- SMITE: Nu Wa & Zeus Reworks Previewed
- SMITE's team has let slip a preview of the upcoming reworks for Zeus and Nu Wa, scheduled for its next patch.
- Cabals: Card Blitz Releases Worldwide
- BISBOG just released their collectible card game, Cabals: Card Blitz on a world-wide level.