Hi-Rez Expo Begins Thursday January 5
Hi-Rez Expo (HRX), an annual gaming festival celebrating the games and communities of Hi-Rez Studios, begins tomorrow and will run from January 5 through January 8.
The expo, sold-out in person, is presented by Twitch Prime and will be available to watch lives on Twitch at twitch.tv/hireztv from Thursday through Sunday, Jan. 5-8, 2017. The awesome line-up of events and rewards includes:
Exclusive Twitch Prime Subscriber Rewards: Twitch Prime subscribers can claim the exclusive JT-6000 skin for Janus and additional rewards later in January. Full details can be found here.
Twitch Viewer Rewards: Linked Twitch accounts can also earn special loot drops during the broadcast.
eSports: World championships for SMITE PC and SMITE Console, as well as the Paladins $150,000 HRX Invitational, will be hosted during the event.
Coca-Cola Smite World Championship (SWC) Finals Viewing Party: On Sunday, Jan. 8, Coca-Cola will be hosting viewing parties for the Grand Finals of the SMITE PC World Championship at select Cinemark Theatres across North America, beginning at 5:00 PM EST. A list of showings is available here.
Community Cosplay Contest: The annual HRX Cosplay Contest features $15,000 in prizes total. Judging begins January 7, and winners will be presented on stage between the first and second SMITE PC semi-finals.
Special game Reveals: New content and events will be revealed for SMITE, Paladins, and SMITE Tactics.
MMOHuts is also attending the event and will be bringing some exclusive interviews, so stay tuned!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Civilization Online Half Way to Completion
- A recent interview with Jake Song reveals the anticipated (though sadly not yet slated for an English release) MMO edition of Civilization is ...
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained: Closed Beta Updates Improve AI, Co-op & More
- An exciting new update is coming to the Orcs Must Die! Unchained closed beta on Tuesday, September 23.
- NYCC 2016 Day 2 Recap - The Hunt for Cosplay and Co-Op
- The second floor of the convention had its usual suspects showcasing their games. Bandai Namco and Capcom were both present.