The AlterVerse is a free-to-play 3D MMORPG developed by DogStar VR. The AlterVerse can be reasonably described as a merging between Skyrim and Second Life, but the AlterVerse is not merely a static world created upon release for players to explore. Instead it is actually very freeing, allowing players to create their own virtual worlds for their friends and others to join. The AlterVerse is essentially a platform that can be used to create worlds to game on. In every created world players will have the chance to participate in PvP and PvE content, crafting, chatting, questing, hunting, exploring, and participating in a real economy. Players will be able to customize their own playable character, form alliances, and utilize phone and desktop apps to message friends and check statistics. What is even more exciting is that players are able to do and experience all of these things with a virtual reality headset! The AlterVerse will have full support for VR headsets and has been developed with VR largely in mind, but even if you don’t have a VR headset you can still participate with a standard monitor. Are you ready to build, battle, and believe?
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: DogStar VR
- Publisher: Alpha Entertainment Group
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC
- +Player created worlds.
- +Real economy.
- +VR support.
- -Potential for heavy emphasis on in-game cash shop.
- -Limited information available.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7+
- CPU: Intel i5-4590+
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290
Articles You May Enjoy
- Play Fractured Space for Free This Weekend and Unlock Permanent Access
- Fractured Space is free to play this weekend on Steam--even better, all players who log in this weekend also unlock permanent access.
- Camelot Unchained to hit Alpha Testing Wednesday
- The pool of roughly 8 to 9,000 backers can look forward to upcoming hour long tests throughout the coming weeks and a few stress tests going l...
- Das Tal Moves to Steam Greenlight; Releases Alpha PvP Footage
- Recently, Fairytale Distillery has made the decision to move full force with Das Tal onto Steam Greenlight. This means that users can now head...