The AlterVerse is a free-to-play 3D MMORPG developed by DogStar VR. The AlterVerse can be reasonably described as a merging between Skyrim and Second Life, but the AlterVerse is not merely a static world created upon release for players to explore. Instead it is actually very freeing, allowing players to create their own virtual worlds for their friends and others to join. The AlterVerse is essentially a platform that can be used to create worlds to game on. In every created world players will have the chance to participate in PvP and PvE content, crafting, chatting, questing, hunting, exploring, and participating in a real economy. Players will be able to customize their own playable character, form alliances, and utilize phone and desktop apps to message friends and check statistics. What is even more exciting is that players are able to do and experience all of these things with a virtual reality headset! The AlterVerse will have full support for VR headsets and has been developed with VR largely in mind, but even if you don’t have a VR headset you can still participate with a standard monitor. Are you ready to build, battle, and believe?
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: DogStar VR
- Publisher: Alpha Entertainment Group
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC
- +Player created worlds.
- +Real economy.
- +VR support.
- -Potential for heavy emphasis on in-game cash shop.
- -Limited information available.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7+
- CPU: Intel i5-4590+
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290
Articles You May Enjoy
- New Mist Champions Revealed for Guild Wars 2's Stronghold PvP Mode
- The addition of Mist Champions allows combatants to purchase highly specialized champions which can be summoned to turn the tide of battle.
- Go Varsity In MicroVolts
- Rock Hippo Productions announced that MicroVolts has received its latest update, "Varsity Volts."
- Oculus responds to the false claims by Zenimax
- Recently, the Oculus Rift VR team has spoken publicily regarding the recent claims filed by Zenimax regarding their VR technology