IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- CoD Black Ops III: Nuketown Returns
- A re-imagined version of the fan-favourite multiplayer map Nuketown, is coming to Call of Duty®: Black Ops III.
- No Man’s Sky Review (PlayStation 4)
- I’ve reviewed dozens of games in my career, ranging from the truly awful to the genuinely amazing, yet none of those reviews prepared me.
- Shikihime Zoushi Concludes Beta Phase
- The markers of Shikihime Garden have teamed up with gamigo to unveil a new take on the Shikihime universe in Shikihime Zoushi.