IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground available to compatible Internet browsers. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatile graphics engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories.
In IMVU players are able to customize and personalize their avatar in any number of ways to make them into whoever they want them to be. Whether you’re looking to play as an average joe, a wealthy business owner, supermodel or something else entirely there are customization options for you. If you can’t seem to find what you’re looking for on the marketplace you can always try your hand at creating your own cosmetic items. These items can be resold to other players for in-game currency – this means that the possibilities for avatar customization are actually limitless, capped only by the creativity and imagination of the community itself. However to create your own cosmetic items you will need to subscribe the the game, but free players can still enjoy a more restricted version of the game!
Once your avatar is decked out just how you’d like and ready to go you can jump into a multitude of different things like playing games with a friend, socializing and meeting new friends, engaging in roleplay scenarios or even creating your own for others to join in on. There are tons of other eager players out there ready to socialize and mingle with others. Join any number of chatrooms and see who you might come across.
IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. With limitless customization options you can become whoever you want. Do whatever, whenever and let your creativity roam free in IMVU!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- -Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ashes of the Singularity v1.2 adds Newly Enhanced Campaign
- The update is adding the newly enhanced campaign which is complete with full voiceover for all dialogue, new missions, and new cutscenes.
- Heroes of the Storm: New Demo Videos Showcased at PAX East 2014
- With PAX East now in full swing, Blizzard Activision has release two new promo videos for their upcoming MOBA title: Heroes of the Storm.
- Tribal Wars 2 Battle Tactics: Discipline makes all the difference
- InnoGames discusses battle tactics in the upcoming Tribal Wars 2.