World of Warships Starts the NHL Season with a Hockey Legend
The 2018-19 NHL Season is about to start, and World of Warships has recruited Alexander “Ovi” Ovechkin as a new commander. “The Great Eight” is a current Stanley Cup winner, three-time MVP and who will go down in history as one of the greatest hockey players of all time. In an update that’s coming later in the month, Ovi will appear as a commander. He will appear as one of four different commanders, one for the US fleet, one for Soviet vessels, and two unique ones. The two special commanders are dual-nation, a first for the World of Warships title. This means players will be able to easily switch between Soviet and US fleets using a single commander. All four come with special perks which enhance the ship’s targeting and survivability and are personally voiced by Ovi so the hockey legend will be in charge of earning your greatness. Alongside commander Ovechkin, a special ship camouflage, together with new patches and a commemorative collection will be added to the game.
“I wanted people to understand that in any competitive field, you must inspire players to never give up,” said Ovechkin. “Video games are just like sport—play more, train more. When I started the game for the first time, I realized I am not a very good ship commander…. But, like on the ice, I will continue to play and build my game skills until I am the best!”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- R2Games coming to GDC 2014
- This year’s Localization Summit at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) will include an inside view on localizing Chinese games for a global...
- Destiny Knights: 5-Star Elke Joins the Roster
- Netmarble has announced a new update for Destiny Knights, their mobile action RPG, which introduces the new 5-star hero Elke.
- Villagers & Heroes Wellspring Now Available
- Mad Otter Games have released the next expansion to the first fully cross-platform MMORPG - Villagers & Heroes - Wellspring.