Star Trek Online – Victory is Life Launches on PC Today
The fourth major expansion to Perfect World Entertainment’s Star Trek Online officially goes live today – Victory is Life! It will release at a later date on console, and celebrates the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine by taking players back to the starbase that started it all. Some of the original members of the Deep Space Nine crew have returned, including Quark (Armin Shimerman), Odo (René Auberjonois), Kira (Nana Visitor), Doctor Bashir (Alexander Siddig) and more. Seven exciting new episodes also come with “Victory is Life”, and a brand new faction available to be played (Jem’Hadar), and the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone to go into combat in. There will also be a host of Deep Space Nine-themed content to explore in “Victory is Life”.
As the expansion opens, Deep Space Nine is in a critical state against the Hur’q, which are invaders from the Gamma Quadrant who recently battled the Alliance in the anniversary episode, “Scylla and Charybdis”. It’s up to the Captains to defend Deep Space Nine from another incursion. The following features come in this expansion:
● Playable Jem’Hadar Faction – For the first time in Star Trek Online history, players can become a Jem’Hadar – genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees and R&D progress.
● Level Cap Increase – Star Trek Online’s level cap has been increased to 65, for captains of all factions.
● Gamma Quadrant Sector Space Battlezone – This all-new Battlezone allows players to explore the depths of the Gamma Quadrant, where they will complete missions and receive notifications about incoming Hur’q attacks. A new quadrant map will show Captains where they can rendezvous to fight off the enemy and earn rewards for participating, including experience, expertise, Gamma marks, and dilithium.
● Deep Space Nine Revamp – Fans of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will be thrilled to learn that they can explore the original DS9 space station, as it appears in the original television series. The Star Trek Online team has spent months pouring over the show’s set schematics to recreate the starbase’s interior in the game.
● Swarm Queue – Players can participate in a new five-player, co-op space queue that tasks Captains with defending Dominion refugees from a ravenous Hur’q swarm.
● Gamma Task Force Reputation – This new addition to the Reputation System represents a coalition of forces formed to battle enemies hailing from the Gamma Quadrant. It will feature all new traits, kits modules, space/ground equipment sets, ground armor and space visuals
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Version 1.2 Now Live
- Power Rangers: Legacy Wars announces the launch of a new content update, Version 1.2.