Splitgate: Arena Warfare Adds Major Enhancements Ahead of Closed Alpha
Splitgate: Arena Warfare is a fast-paced multiplayer shooter that uses player-controlled portals to create an all-new dimension of arena combat. Today they announced they are one step closer to launch with a host of improvements and enhancements to core features. This is just in time for a Closed Alpha test this weekend. 1047 Games revamped four of the Splitgate maps, upgraded the animation, and implemented major audio improvements, as well as added character/gun skin customization. Those who are already confirmed for the pre-alpha are guaranteed a spot in this weekend’s test, going from Saturday, January 26th at 12 pm PST until 12 am on Sunday, January 27th. This update for Splitgate: Arena Warfare at 12 pm PST on January 26th, for the Closed Alpha users around the world.
The Jan. 26-27 Closed Alpha playtest for Splitgate: Arena Warfare features the following:
– Reimagined Maps – Helix, Olympus, Outpost and Club Silo maps have been retooled to showcase the vibrant visual and user interface upgrades. The newest map, Club Silo,
is a disco night club with long corridors that open to several multilevel atriums begging for swift portal movement and frenzied firefights.
– Realistic Animation System – Splitgate: Arena Warfare’s animation techniques are designed to directly affect gameplay in several ways. Players can identify weapons
according to model size and unique holding position. Character models will now realistically lean into turns, interact with the environment based on intuitive physics and
even change direction differently depending on which foot is forward.
– Precision Sound Identification System – With the help of Los Angeles’ Mad Monkey Audio, 1047 Games has enhanced Splitgate: Arena Warfare’s sound system, taking full advantage of Unreal Engine’s audio system to provide precise location detection for in-game sounds. Players will notice subtle changes to the pitch of specific sounds, differentiating enemy and friendly movement. Audio prioritization intelligently increases or muffles sounds based on importance to the player, such as louder enemy gunshots versus hushed friendly footsteps.
– Character and Skin Customization – The addition of customizable armor options, colors and weapon skins gives players even more ways to personalize their Splitgate: Arena Warfare experience.
– Savage Rail Gun – An all-new Rail Gun is a devastating weapon for players, harkening back to classic arena shooters. A fully-charged shot can obliterate opponents in one hit;
– Team SWAT – Players can now compete head-to-head in Team SWAT game mode. Limited to only battle rifles and pistols, players should not expect armor to save them from extreme damage multipliers and headshot kills.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Smite Offers 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' Sale
- SMITE has announced that it will have a special 50% off sale on Voice Packs until September 21st.
- Nexon announces Spring events
- Nexon America has announced a line-up of spring-themed events for players of Atlantica Online, Dragon Nest, Mabinogi, Sudden Attack, and Vindi...
- Elsword Welcoming Grand Chase Players
- KOG Games is rolling out the red carpet for Grand Chase players as they welcome them to Elsword on the eve of Grand Chase's service.