Project Genesis Reveals Development Journal #2
Project Genesis recently did a Netcode Strength test and released a video to show off exactly how it’s working. They wanted to tackle this important challenge first, and they have a history of putting these greater tasks first. January’s playtest was focused on 4v4 battles, and so for February, they moved forward to 8v8 and worked on the new “breach and board” mechanics. In the videos, viewers might notice that ships have to nudge up against each other.
This is necessary for the breach and board mechanic but plans on having assault pods that pierce the un-shielded hulls of capital ships instead. Instead of making two servers to do these tests, they rolled the dice, and put all of the battles on one server; thankfully, the netcode held up during the testing phases. This latest development journal also goes over the particulars of designing interiors and environments for Project Genesis. More info on this can be found in the link below.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- MU Legend Receives New Spellbinder Class in March
- The support-style mage, Spellbinder will be MU Legend's 5th class and is coming later in March 2018.
- Team Fortress 2 Review
- Team Fortress 2 is one of the best games to ever hit the free to play market.
- City of Steam Dev Diary - GUI Overhaul
- City of Steam is pushing into closed beta an just 3 days and the developer team released information about the changes coming to the user inte...