Population Zero Building Mechanics Showcased
This trailer is all about what you can achieve if you are creative and patient. Building in Population Zero will be more than just making square textured boxes to store your resources and wait out the night. You will have many different shapes and forms, decorations and defence mechanisms to play with while building, along with different tiers as well as fences and gates to make sure your fortress is unassailable.
During the pre-alpha we adjusted the building balance so that resource gathering does not feel tedious. To get the most out of gathering, you use specific tools. Each resource on the map can give you different materials depending on what tool you use. Some resources are only obtainable at night, but be wary! Many creatures are much harder to spot when it’s dark, making the process dangerous as well as rewarding.
We have a durability and weight system in place to ensure that no structure looks unnatural, to make it impossible to build skyscrapers out of sticks and stones. This mechanic makes raiding other players a big part of the experience for you have to discover weaknesses in structural integrity of their buildings in order to bring them down.
Depending on your character’s progression, the space in which you can build becomes larger. By joining others via our guild system you can make settlements and claim resource points and dominate entire regions of the planet.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- November 2017 GWENT Open Happening this Weekend
- A $25,000 dollar prize pool awaits the players of the November 2017 GWENT Open, going on this weekend.
- Deals of the Week: Steam, Epic, and Twitch (December 6, 2019)
- Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out the best free game deals and Twitch Prime Loot!
- Flower Knight Girl Launches Just Before American Tax Day
- We would like to advise American gamers that even an extremely fun and addictive game like Flower Knight Girl is not worth prison.