Population Zero Building Mechanics Showcased
This trailer is all about what you can achieve if you are creative and patient. Building in Population Zero will be more than just making square textured boxes to store your resources and wait out the night. You will have many different shapes and forms, decorations and defence mechanisms to play with while building, along with different tiers as well as fences and gates to make sure your fortress is unassailable.
During the pre-alpha we adjusted the building balance so that resource gathering does not feel tedious. To get the most out of gathering, you use specific tools. Each resource on the map can give you different materials depending on what tool you use. Some resources are only obtainable at night, but be wary! Many creatures are much harder to spot when it’s dark, making the process dangerous as well as rewarding.
We have a durability and weight system in place to ensure that no structure looks unnatural, to make it impossible to build skyscrapers out of sticks and stones. This mechanic makes raiding other players a big part of the experience for you have to discover weaknesses in structural integrity of their buildings in order to bring them down.
Depending on your character’s progression, the space in which you can build becomes larger. By joining others via our guild system you can make settlements and claim resource points and dominate entire regions of the planet.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- World of Tanks: Mercenaries To Receive Commander Mode in 4.10
- A huge update is coming to the console edition of World of Tanks, World of Tank: Mercenaries, 4.10.
- Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet Brings Huge Cliffhanger
- ArenaNet left fans with a huge cliffhanger by running an exciting trailer at the end of “Point of No Return”, the thrilling season 2 final...
- Hi-Rez Studios reveals their new title Paladins for PC and console
- Paladins combines a rich fantasy setting with the fast action of a team-based first person shooter.