PlanetSide Arena Announces Steam Early Access Date
The PlanetSide Arena team released a developer letter today, which announced their vision for the game, and the Early Access date. PlanetSide Arena will hit Steam’s Early Access program on September 19th, 2019, and the plan is for a multi-platform launch in early 2020. PlanetSide Arena is an ambitious project that is going to take the comradery and battles that PlanetSide is known for and shape it into something new. It will be class-based, high-speed action with jetpacks and vehicles to pair up with team-based tactics. The game’s initial launch will have the new Squads Mode (12 soldiers per squad) and Teams Mode (3 soldiers per team) in intense 300-player matches.
Over the next year, however, the team will begin to explore a future that will see an evolution of the empires, introduce new vehicles, weapons, classes, events, maps, and new game modes as well as classic favorites reimagined, all at a scale that can only be created through a PlanetSide experience. Modes like 300-player Squads, Sunderdome, Outfit Wars and Massive Clash will spark a new, even more intense phase in the battle for Auraxis.
“This is just the beginning,” according to Andy Sites, Executive Producer on PlanetSide Franchise. “We have an unrivaled ability to create online games at scale, and PlanetSide Arena will be the next step forward in the genre of arena shooters.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- MapleStory SEA Celebrates Its 14th Anniversary
- MapleStorySEA originally launched in 2005 and is proud to announce they have hit 14 years old, and have no signs of slowing down.
- Forge Goes Free to Play on Steam Today
- Dark Vale Games has announced that they will be turning Forge into Forge Free to Play on Steam today at 10am PDT!
- Puzzle & Dragons Teams Up With RPG Series Persona in Collaboration
- From July 16 until July 29, powerful allies from the Persona universe are coming to Puzzle & Dragons.