PlanetSide Arena Announces Steam Early Access Date
The PlanetSide Arena team released a developer letter today, which announced their vision for the game, and the Early Access date. PlanetSide Arena will hit Steam’s Early Access program on September 19th, 2019, and the plan is for a multi-platform launch in early 2020. PlanetSide Arena is an ambitious project that is going to take the comradery and battles that PlanetSide is known for and shape it into something new. It will be class-based, high-speed action with jetpacks and vehicles to pair up with team-based tactics. The game’s initial launch will have the new Squads Mode (12 soldiers per squad) and Teams Mode (3 soldiers per team) in intense 300-player matches.
Over the next year, however, the team will begin to explore a future that will see an evolution of the empires, introduce new vehicles, weapons, classes, events, maps, and new game modes as well as classic favorites reimagined, all at a scale that can only be created through a PlanetSide experience. Modes like 300-player Squads, Sunderdome, Outfit Wars and Massive Clash will spark a new, even more intense phase in the battle for Auraxis.
“This is just the beginning,” according to Andy Sites, Executive Producer on PlanetSide Franchise. “We have an unrivaled ability to create online games at scale, and PlanetSide Arena will be the next step forward in the genre of arena shooters.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rift 2015 Review
- Set in a world shaped by elements and torn by an epic battle of good and evil, players take the role of fallen heroes called back to life.
- Vanguard Now Free To Play
- Sony Online Entertainment has announced the relaunch of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes as free-to-play.
- Rise of Incarnates Now Available on Steam Early Access
- BANDAI NAMCO Games America’s free-to-play action game, Rise of Incarnates is now available on Steam Early Access. Packed with a diverse libr...