PlanetSide Arena Announces Steam Early Access Date
The PlanetSide Arena team released a developer letter today, which announced their vision for the game, and the Early Access date. PlanetSide Arena will hit Steam’s Early Access program on September 19th, 2019, and the plan is for a multi-platform launch in early 2020. PlanetSide Arena is an ambitious project that is going to take the comradery and battles that PlanetSide is known for and shape it into something new. It will be class-based, high-speed action with jetpacks and vehicles to pair up with team-based tactics. The game’s initial launch will have the new Squads Mode (12 soldiers per squad) and Teams Mode (3 soldiers per team) in intense 300-player matches.
Over the next year, however, the team will begin to explore a future that will see an evolution of the empires, introduce new vehicles, weapons, classes, events, maps, and new game modes as well as classic favorites reimagined, all at a scale that can only be created through a PlanetSide experience. Modes like 300-player Squads, Sunderdome, Outfit Wars and Massive Clash will spark a new, even more intense phase in the battle for Auraxis.
“This is just the beginning,” according to Andy Sites, Executive Producer on PlanetSide Franchise. “We have an unrivaled ability to create online games at scale, and PlanetSide Arena will be the next step forward in the genre of arena shooters.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Arma 3 Marksmen DLC available on April 8th
- Bohemia Interactive today announced the official release date for the upcoming Arma 3 downloadable content pack, Arma 3 Marksmen.
- Alfheim Tales Online Introduces New Solo Instance
- A new instance that can be played solo for Alfheim Tales Online has just been released called " The Wheel of Time. Players can access the...
- Skyforge Reveals Anomalies
- Anomalies, the latest high-end content to challenge players in the upcoming sci-fi MMORPG, Skyforge.