Jam City Acquires Award-Winning ‘Brainz’ Team and World War Doh
Jam City recently acquired the assets of a Bogota-based mobile game developer, Brainz, and that includes their upcoming strategy game, “World War Doh”. Jam City will continue to carry out the development of this game that won Apple’s “Best of 2017” in Tech and Innovation for Latin America, as well as “Best In Show: Audience Choice” at 2017 Casual Connect USA conference. The game will launch in late 2018, but no date has been set. World War Doh is a fast-paced strategy game in which players lead the Commander and his (not entirely willing) band of allies in real-time combat while deploying troop and spell combinations into the battlefield. The game combines humorous and engaging gameplay with high production value, memorable characters, and unique social features. The acquisition marks Jam City’s continued expansion into real-time strategy game development and provides a strong platform for continued innovation in mobile entertainment.
“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Jam City to acquire a highly anticipated, award-winning mobile game before its worldwide launch,” said Chris DeWolfe, co-founder and CEO of Jam City. “World War Doh is an entirely new type of game for Jam City, and we’ve been blown away by how creative, entertaining and just plain fun it is. We look forward to welcoming the incredibly talented World War Doh team to Jam City and bringing the experience to gamers worldwide later this year.”
“We instantly hit it off with the Jam City team, which has been extremely supportive and truly shares our vision for World War Doh,” said Alejandro Gonzalez, General Manager of the Bogota studio. “World War Doh has been a labor of love for our team and we could not be more excited for the game to become part of Jam City’s top-ranked portfolio of hit entertainment properties. This deal proves that it is possible for Latin American talent to become part of global companies like Jam City – the future is bright!”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Broforce: New Alien Infestation Update Available
- Fight to defend civilization as aliens encroach upon all that free people hold dear in Broforce's latest and largest update yet. Aliens, ...
- Gigantic: Publishing Partnership with Perfect World Entertainment Announced
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. announced plans to publish Gigantic – the free-to-play, action MOBA developed by Motiga Games.
- Rocket League Hoops Mode Update Available Today
- Rocket League fans can now download the highly-anticipated basketball-inspired Hoops mode today, April 26, for FREE!