Wargaming to Support Series of Restorations at Bovington Tank Museum
Wargaming today unveiled details of its presence at the annual Tankfest, taking place at The Tank Museum in Bovington, England, on June 28 and 29. The company is raising funds to support vehicle restorations at the museum and will reveal its brand new mobile gaming unit, a WWII MGT-20 truck, at the event.
Wargaming organized an in-game special ahead of the military festival, inviting World of Tanks players to purchase a series of premium shop packages from June 21–22, from which the proceeds will go towards restoration projects at Bovington, including repairs of the British Comet tank, the Allied M4 Sherman tank, and the mighty German Jagd Kanonon tank destroyer.
“Wargaming has a long history of collaboration with The Tank Museum in Bovington. We both believe that legendary military warfare has great historic value and should be preserved for future generations,” said Wargaming CEO Victor Kislyi. “This year we’ve offered our players a chance to contribute to the restoration of the museum’s collections, and have been overwhelmingly impressed with their enthusiasm. Seeing our community so eager to participate in such projects allows us to plan for future efforts in supporting events like these.”
Along with announcing its donation, Wargaming will officially open the Company’s MGT-20 event truck. The vehicle will be equipped with gaming stations and Xbox 360 consoles ready and waiting for players to come and test out World of Tanks and World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition. Other community events at Tankfest will include raffles, trivia games, Q&A sessions with developers, and giveaways for players.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ghost Recon Online Review
- Since August of last year, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online opened this realm of shooters to the masses.
- The West Celebrates Fifth Birthday
- From April 30 - May 7th 2013, InnoGames celebrates the fifth birthday of its western frontier browser game, The West.
- The World 2: Now Greenlit on Steam
- We Are Good games is proud to announce that after 50,000 views and thousands of player votes on Steam’s Greenlit service, “The World 2” ...