The Lord of the Rings Online launches Rise of Isengard
The Rise of Isengard, a new major expansion for The Lord of the Rings Online, is now live and available for players.
The expansion, available through purchase in the in-game store, expands the game’s major story through three new regions (Dunland, Gap of Rohan, and Isengard) and raises the game’s level cap to 75. A new 24-player raid is also introduced. The expansion also comes with a host of in-game changes and new concepts like quest phasing and public dungeons.
The Lord of the Rings Online is published by Turbine, which also publishes Dungeons and Dragons Online.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Gameplay Screenshot
TURBINE LAUNCHES THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: RISE OF ISENGARD™
Third Major Expansion to the 2010 MMO of the Year Now Available Across North America & Europe
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turbine announced today the launch of The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of Isengard™, the next expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG). Players across North America and Europe can purchase and play Rise of Isengard starting today by visiting http://www.lotro.com/isengard.
“We’re very excited to launch the first major expansion to LOTRO since going free-to-play,” said Aaron Campbell, Senior Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online, Turbine. “We can’t wait for players to continue their adventures through Middle-earth and engage with epic locations such as Orthanc and iconic characters such as Saruman and Grima Wormtongue. We’re seeing tremendous excitement from our players as Rise of Isengard is already LOTRO’s best selling expansion ever!”
THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE: RISE OF ISENGARD FEATURES:
Ø Explore Three New Regions! — The time has come for you to turn eastward, toward the vale of Isengard. Where ancient forests once flourished, a corrupted waste of metal and wheels suffers under the thrall of the traitorous wizard Saruman. Here, in the shadows of the tower of Orthanc, gathers an army of Orcs and Uruk-hai, toiling to make ready for war. Forge ahead into these devastated lands and uncover new quests, skills, and traits as you strive to thwart Saruman’s ambition.
– Dunland – Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
– Gap of Rohan – Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
– Isengard – Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale now desecrated beyond imagination by the Wizard Saruman the betrayer.
Ø Advance to Level 75!
– Face new challenges and continue to forge your own legend in Middle-earth with all-new epic quests, skills, and deeds as you fight new enemies on your journey level 75!
Ø Master the Legendary New 24-Player Raid!
– Face the ancient evil of Draigoch, one of the most powerful creatures in Middle-earth! Prepare for the ultimate challenge where nothing less than the strength of an entire force of 24 heroes stands the chance of victory.
The Lord of the Rings Online is the ultimate adventure. This award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most famous fantasy of all time. For more information, visit www.lotro.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Entropia Universe: Coming to mobile devices and browsers
- Entropia Universe AB, the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) game, announced today that gamers will soon be able ...
- Medieval Engineers: Steam Early Access Release Date Revealed
- Independent developer Keen Software House today announced that Medieval Engineers will be available on Steam Early Access on February 19th, 20...
- Star Trek Online Talks Dinos in Devblog
- Well you'll need a new excuse not to play shortly as a new devblog showcases that the team is digging deep in the lore, all the way back ...