Summoner’s Legion: R2Games to Host First Live Championship
Global games publisher R2Games has announced today the launch of its Summoner’s Legion Championships – the first live competition for the company’s new browser CCG – to take place at the end of March.
The cutoff for players to qualify will be the 1v1 battles on March 18th, after which the top 16 ranked players in the Arena will automatically earn a spot in the tournament. Those who are unable to participate will be replaced by the next ranked player. The Championship will take place from March 25th to March 28th, using an exclusive server where competitors will receive all available cards to build their decks.
Rules of the event will require players to use a different class deck for each round of battles. All rounds except the Final will be best-of-5, with the first player to win three battles advancing to the next stage. The Final round will be best-of-7, and the first player to win four battles will be crowned Champion.
The Summoner’s Legion Champion will receive a $2000 cash prize, as well as a surprise reward. The 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded $1000 and $500, respectively. And for those fans that don’t make the cut into the Championship, R2Games will be streaming all the battles along with live commentary on its Twitch channel.
See more about the Championship at http://legion.r2games.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wonders III Scenario Editor Revealed
- The user-friendly Age of Wonder III Level Editor allows players to craft their own single and multi-player player scenarios using the game...
- Heroes of Newerth Launches Core Pool
- S2 Games has announced the launch of Core Pool for Heroes of Newerth, which introduces a whole new approach to the player experience.
- World of Tanks: Mercenaries Announces September Events
- Wargaming.net has announced a new series of September events for World of Tanks: Mercenaries, its PS4/Xbox tank MMO.