Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures now live
Sony Online Entertainment’s newest casual MMO, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, has launched today.
The virtual world is based on the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated TV series, featuring popular characters from the series. Several activities are available including dozens of mini-games, chat, daily events, competitions and contests.
Clone Wars Adventures is based on the Free Realms engine, sharing some similarities but with a lot of differences as well. Like Free Realms, players can play for free but get access to more content through an optional monthly subscription. For more information check out our Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures page.
Clone Wars Gameplay Screenshot
SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AND LUCASARTS ANNOUNCE
STAR WARS®: CLONE WARS ADVENTURES™ NOW AVAILABLE ON WINDOWS PC
Star Wars Fans Grab Your Lightsabers™ and Join the Republic in Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts’ Latest Virtual Adventure
SAN DIEGO and SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 15, 2010 – Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, a free-to-play family-friendly online virtual world from Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) and LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd., is now available to play at www.CloneWarsAdventures.com. Clone Wars Adventures is an action-packed browser-based virtual world where fans can live out the thrills and excitement of Star Wars®: The Clone Wars™ animated TV series on Cartoon Network. Players will be able to battle alongside their favorite Star Wars characters like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Ahsoka Tano.
“We are incredibly proud of Clone Wars Adventures,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. “LucasArts and Lucasfilm have been great partners throughout this entire project, so the game is seamlessly integrated with the TV series. Clone Wars Adventures exemplifies everything that is great about the show – the action, the characters, the rich universe, and more. Being able to chat with Anakin, engage in Lightsaber™ duels with Obi-Wan or race your Speeder Bike against friends at any time is like actually playing in the show.”
Developed and published by SOE, creators of the critically acclaimed kids’ game, Free Realms™, and licensed by LucasArts, in conjunction with Lucasfilm Ltd., Clone Wars Adventures is the ultimate virtual destination for fans of the series. Players can go online to experience fun minigames, daily activities, events, rewards, lively social environments and competitions. Clone Wars Adventures is a dynamic world and will be updated with new content following new episodes of the animated series.
“Clone Wars Adventures is authentic, easily accessible and action-packed,” said Mary Bihr, Global VP of Publishing, LucasArts. “We look forward to working with SOE to enrich the Clone Wars Adventures experience with new content as the TV series progresses.”
In Clone Wars Adventures, players become the next great hero of the Republic as they take their place alongside their favorite characters from Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Ahsoka Tano. Gamers can play exciting minigames, engage in dynamic activities, attend lively social events, and access thousands of customization options for their very own personalized avatars. They will speed through space in a Starfighter, take out waves of battle droids in Tower Defense, and test their brains with challenging Droid™ Programming puzzles. Players can also purchase legendary Star Wars outfits, items and accessories through micro-transactions using Station Cash™, SOE’s virtual currency.
Star Wars: Clone War Adventures offers a number of features, including:
- Extending the Fantasy: Kids no longer have to wait until the next exciting episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series to continue exploring and enjoying the Star Wars universe. With Clone Wars Adventures, kids can go online to experience exciting thrills as they duel iconic adversaries with their own custom Lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in a Starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships.
- Free Play or Upgrades: Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly Jedi Membership subscription for $5.99. Players can also buy cool Star Wars universe items from within the game through micro-transactions using Station Cash.
- Minigames & More: From Droid Programming to Speeder Bike Racing, Clone Wars Adventures puts you in the driver seat to experience epic action in immersive minigames that take you to your favorite locations in the galaxy. Become the proud owner of a tricked out Droid pet or throw a party in your player house – the fun is seemingly endless!
- Fun With Friends: Whether you are on adventures with old friends or competing for leaderboard status with new ones, Clone Wars Adventures is a lively virtual world that connects players in fun and safe ways. Show off your achievements in your Trophy Room, use safe chat and emoticons to express yourself and celebrate in-world events with the entire galaxy!
- Kid-Friendly: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat and playtime settings for younger players.
- Retail Package: The Clone Wars Adventures Galactic Passport is scheduled to be available at thousands of retail locations in North America later this fall and will include a 90-day membership, 500 Station Cash, the ability to unlock the Togruta playable character, a Yoda monitor topper, and more.
Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, the ultimate virtual destination for a new generation of Star Wars fans, is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up, with content descriptors for Crude Humor and Fantasy Violence.
To play Clone Wars Adventures now please visit: http://www.CloneWarsAdventures.com/.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Destiny: The Taken King Announced
- Destiny: The Taken King Announced
- Dofus: New animated movie coming soon to France
- Ankama and Gebeka Films announced today that they have signed a partnership agreement for the distribution of Ankama's first animated fea...
- Black Command, Tactical Combat Sim Now Available on Mobile
- Black Command is Capcom's covert mercenary strategy game, and it's now live on both iOS and Android. Players control their own PMC.