Black Desert on PS4 Releases Second Major Update Today
Black Desert on PS4 released a major update today, with some serious new content to play through. The Awakening feature has arrived, which permanently boosts a character’s combat power, and unlocks new skills and weapons to use. All ten classes have the ability to be Awakened, allowing players to realize their true power, alongside unique play styles. In order to awaken, a player must hit level 56 and accept a quest provided by their Black SPirit. Once complete, they will receive a mythical weapon to wield.
In addition, two fan-favorite classes come to the MMO, Lahn and Ninja. Each brings its own style of agile gameplay and precision combat to Black Desert, and have their own skills and abilities to master.
- Lahn: Lahn is extremely agile, with the unprecedented ability to leap and glide through the air over long distances. Combined with the flexibility of her Crescent Pendulum, whether she’s facing enemies head-on or raining death from above, she is truly a force to be reckoned with.
- Ninja: Ninja is a high-skill fighter that excels in agility, using dashes, aerial skills, and teleportation to rapidly close the distance to enemies. With the ability to conceal his presence, the Ninja can lie in wait before delivering precise, deadly strikes against his opponent. Armed with stun and debuff techniques, the Ninja can easily gain the upper hand in combat.
The desert kingdom of Valencia also comes in this update, with sandstorms and new enemies to endure. A new world boss comes with this region, the mighty Kutum. Absolute Skills were also brought for all classes, to bring devastating, powerful attacks. This update also adds new gameplay elements, such as villain marks. Regardless of a players Karma, killing another player in this region grants a villain mark. They will be treated as hostile by other players, and once killed, they will be sent to Pila Ku Prison to serve their time and gain de-buffs. There may be a secret exit though.
Other additions and improvements include:
- Gear and item enhancements: Gear cleansing, accessory melting, and new gear enhancement levels have been added due to player request.
- New items: The kingdom of Valencia introduces region-specific items, more powerful potions, and Dim Magical Armor exchanges.
“We’re proud of the amount of content contained within today’s update that’s available for our growing community on PlayStation 4,” said Robin Jung, Chief Executive Officer of Pearl Abyss. “Given the positive reaction to our first content update, we expect to see a similar response from Adventurers today – especially with the game-changing ability to Awaken all ten character classes.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Repopulation: Build 15.11 Released
- The Repopulation Team has announced that the servers will be going down at 9AM EST this morning to apply the 15.1.1 patch. Expected downtime i...
- Treasure Raiders Introduces New Game Mode for Android, iOS Version Coming Soon
- Last week, NetEase unveiled their latest title, Treasure Raiders, a treasure hunter+bullet hell on mobile.