SMITE’s Newest Patch Brings Nu Wa and Controversy
Today, SMITE has released its latest patch for the game, with the star of the update being a rework for the goddess Nu Wa, along with a visual redesign for the god Zeus.
Four new skins appear in the patch: The Survivor Ullr, Nuclear Winter Ymir, Derpules Hercules, and Lunar Tango Chang’e. New voice packs, skins, icons, and portrait updates are also included with the new designs and reworks.
However, the patch also introduces the controversial new Treasure Boxes. These purchasable boxes contain exclusive rewards – such as the Nuclear Winter Ymir and Derpules Hercules skins – as well as let players roll for any other treasure available in the game that they don’t already own. There has been some community backlash from this new item as it allows players to get convention exclusive skins; while some are glad to finally get their chance at these rare skins, others are bemoaning the reduced rarity of these hard-to-get items.
Icons have also been made to cost gems exclusively.
Patch notes can be read here. Tell us what you think about this new patch in the comments!
Articles You May Enjoy
- War Thunder's PlayStation 4 Version Launches in North America June 3
- Gaijin Entertainment announces the date for the global release of War Thunder on PlayStation 4, and the Ground Forces Expansion.
- Allies in War out now Free on Google Play
- Gamelion Studios announces the release of Allies in War for Android.
- StarCraft II World Championship Series America RO16 kicks off
- Newegg, the leading tech-focused e-retailer in North America, is partnering with ESL as the title sponsor for the upcoming StarCraft II World ...