SMITE and Hi-Rez Studios to join top Video Content Creators at GameVid Expo
GameVid Expo, the first industry and fan conference for gaming and online video, will be held at the W Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia between March 28 – March 30, 2014.
The reach of online video now rivals television, and gaming content is one of the fastest growing segments. According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults age 18-34 than any cable network and Games are the second most popular category on YouTube just behind Music. Live-streaming of video games on the internet is now viewed by over 45 million unique viewers every month according to streaming leader Twitch.TV.
Friday and Saturday of GameVid Expo will be geared toward professionals, businesses and fans of online video and gaming, including panel discussions, meet-ups, hands-on gaming, and networking opportunities.
The highlight of Sunday’s proceedings will be the Launch Tournament Grand Finals for the online game SMITE. Top teams from across North America and Europe will compete in the online game SMITE in front of a live audience for over $150,000 in prizing.
Some of the Special Guests already confirmed to appear at the conference include: CaptainSparklez, TotalBiscuit, Creatures Kootra, Creatures Sly Fox Hound, Creatures Sp00nerism, SMOSH Lasercorn, and SMOSH Sohinki.
Panel presentations include speakers from Twitch.TV, Nvidia, and others discussing video content creation, tools & technology, and monetization. For details and registration, go to http://www.GameVidExpo.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Street Fighter V Launch Review
- But I have hope for Street Fighter V. I say that I have hope because that’s the only feature that’s bloody open to be used right now!
- Conquer Online: King of Kung Fu Launches on October 30th
- After months of waiting, Free to play MMORPG Conquer Online has finally announced their new expansion, bringing the arrival of an anticipated ...
- Star Trek Online Celebrates Five Year Anniversary
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced the fifth year anniversary for <em>Star Trek Online</em>. In...