Ship of Heroes Discusses FPS and Large Raids
Ship of Heroes released their latest newsletter, with a focus on innovation in keeping the FPS high with large numbers of players in a single instance. In this newsletter, they go into the technical details of creating an MMO with high FPS and talk about something many MMOs avoid – what happens when there are lots of players on a screen at once. They went on to say that most small studios could not develop these sorts of tools quite so quickly (SoH only launched their site two years ago, after all). Ship of Heroes has been open about the FPS of their game, and how it impacts the player experience, instead of avoiding the topic at all costs. Some of the screengrabs show over 200 characters in motion, using FX, and while this is only in the testing phase, their results are pretty interesting. This seems to be a good sign for the development of Ship of Heroes. They also reveal in the newsletter an upcoming login test in December, and the Beta is scheduled for the end of 2019.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Riders of Icarus Update Preview: Ranger's Fury
- An MMO is only as good as the content it provides. Or, more accurately, the content they keep providing.
- Kill Me Again: Infectors iOS Game Review
- The game is a creative mix of survival horror, action combat, and some tactics and strategy, all boiled up in – get this – match-3 puzzle ...
- Dark Blood Unlocks Act II
- Outspark has launched its first major update for Dark Blood since the game's open beta launch.