SAGA going free-to-play
Silverlode Interactive has announced today that its first MMO, SAGA, will be going fully free to play as of Tuesday, September 14th. Previously, the game only offered limited free play on an extended trial with the full game requiring a $19.95 purchase
The game’s guild system, trade and auction house system, grouping, and tournaments will all be unlocked for free play. Tournaments will continue to reward tokens to allow purchase of items from the tournament store. A new patch will also remove old alliance restrictions, raise level caps, and add new quests.
SAGA is an MMORTS that bills itself as “collectible” based on the way players earn, collect, and trade units in a system similar to a trading card game.
Saga Gameplay Screenshot
Big News for World’s First Collectible RTS
SAGA goes Free-2-Play while greatly expanding content.
Provo, UT – September 13, 2010 – UtopiaWire – Silverlode Interactive today announced that its flagship game SAGA will be offered completely free as of Tuesday September 14th. Players who register at http://www.playsaga.com will receive the same fully enabled account that was formerly sold for $19.95 on such sites as Direct-2-Drive. All former paid features such as the ability to form guilds, trade in the auction house and quest with friends will be activated.
In addition to free registration, all tournaments (which formerly costed tournament tokens to enter) will be free as well. Players will still win tokens for playing in tournaments, allowing for the purchase of rare and powerful items from the tournament store.
The Tuesday Patch will also bring a lot of new content to the game, as well as removing the old alliance restriction, which means players of both the Brotherhood and Order Factions can quest and chat with each other. Some of the additions include raising the nation level cap to 40 and the unit level cap to 15. New territory quests have also been added, allowing players to expand their kingdoms.
“We are committed to the ongoing development and expansion of SAGA,” says Silverlode President Jason Faller. “We are focused on continuing as the leader in MMO RTS gaming, and are thrilled to offer SAGA free-to-play at last.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- ELOA Gets a Fresh Start at GamenGame
- Game&Game has announced that ELOA has reopened at its portal GamenGame.com, after being published on Webzen in the past year.
- DFO Global: Neople Hosts 24-Hour Livestream as Open Beta Approaches
- The development team behind Dungeon Fighter Online is currently hosting a 24-hour livestream to celebrate the arrival of DFO Global Version
- MMOHuts Livestream February 20th - SkySaga
- JamesBl0nde is now live on Twitch.TV with a special look inside the alpha test of SkySaga. Don't miss out on this live filming of our nex...