Red Awakening Teases Kickstarter
Domino Effect Ltd. has released a new ‘work in progress’ gameplay video for Red Awakening, its team-based multiplayer stealth action game for PC and console.
The ‘Murder to the Max’ video showcases Red Awakening’s focus on horror, stealth and subterfuge, rather than the familiar first-person run-and-gun approach. Red Awakening draws stylistic inspiration from the slasher movies of John Carpenter, Tobe Hooper and Dario Argento, whilst its gameplay is influenced by the likes of the original Thief, Manhunt, TimeSplitters 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins, but with the objective team-based gameplay of Counter-Strike.
Red Awakening blends neon drenched environments, satirical storytelling, first-person dynamic stealth, parkour style movement, drug induced power-ups, ultra-violent gameplay and an unnerving “Carpenter-esque” synth soundtrack. The visceral package is all wrapped up in Domino Effect’s distinctive cell-shaded graphical style.
Rob Peall, Game Director, Domino Effect, said:
“We have found that the slasher genre in video games is an essentially untapped market with the potential to create a unique virtual experience. With Red Awakening players are put at the heart of their very own slasher movie for the first time, and let loose.”
Domino Effect will shortly launch a Kickstarter campaign for Red Awakening to help the indie developer fund the final stages of development. Red Awakening is planned for release on PC late-2015, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Magerealm Introduces Aries
- Magerealm, GTArcade’s action MMORPG, is ready to welcome a new Angel to the fray. Introducing Aries, the Angel of Retribution!
- World of Tanks Braces for Update 1.0
- It's been an exciting year for World of Tanks, and in 2018, it's going to explode in a major way with the new CORE Engine.
- Star Trek Online Season 13.5 Launches July 18 (PC)
- Tensions will rise in Star Trek® Online, as captains will soon have access to a new update to Season 13 – Escalation.