Red Awakening Teases Kickstarter
Domino Effect Ltd. has released a new ‘work in progress’ gameplay video for Red Awakening, its team-based multiplayer stealth action game for PC and console.
The ‘Murder to the Max’ video showcases Red Awakening’s focus on horror, stealth and subterfuge, rather than the familiar first-person run-and-gun approach. Red Awakening draws stylistic inspiration from the slasher movies of John Carpenter, Tobe Hooper and Dario Argento, whilst its gameplay is influenced by the likes of the original Thief, Manhunt, TimeSplitters 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins, but with the objective team-based gameplay of Counter-Strike.
Red Awakening blends neon drenched environments, satirical storytelling, first-person dynamic stealth, parkour style movement, drug induced power-ups, ultra-violent gameplay and an unnerving “Carpenter-esque” synth soundtrack. The visceral package is all wrapped up in Domino Effect’s distinctive cell-shaded graphical style.
Rob Peall, Game Director, Domino Effect, said:
“We have found that the slasher genre in video games is an essentially untapped market with the potential to create a unique virtual experience. With Red Awakening players are put at the heart of their very own slasher movie for the first time, and let loose.”
Domino Effect will shortly launch a Kickstarter campaign for Red Awakening to help the indie developer fund the final stages of development. Red Awakening is planned for release on PC late-2015, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wild Terra: Free to Play until July 24th
- That's right, Wild Terra will be absolutely free to play until July 24th!
- Warkeepers Now Available In English
- Publisher NovoPlay and developer SkyDreams Software are introducing Warkeepers to the English-speaking community.
- Tactical Intervention - First Impressions
- The game is best known for being developed by Minh Le, aka Gooseman, one of the original creators of Counter-Strike.