Operation Frostline comes to EVE Online
Today brought the largest release for EVE Online in 2015, which includes an evolution of EVE’s epic sci-fi storyline. Named after a new and engaging series of events happening throughout the New Eden universe, Operation Frostline sets the stage for the massive Spring 2016 EVE Online: Citadel expansion, which will reconstruct the very foundations of the famous sci-fi universe and transform the sandbox game design it is built on.
The deadly mercenary faction known as Mordu’s Legion, having recently liberated Outer Ring Excavations (ORE) stations, now calls on pilots across the universe to raid the Serpentis Corporation’s vaults and pillage their valuable troves of implants, blueprints, PLEX, SKINs, and more before they can get their defenses back online.
Several significant graphical updates were also added to EVE Online, including: a running kill-mark tally of PvP victories on each ship, accumulated rust and dust on hulls, stunning new shield and armor damage effects, gorgeous engine effects for all ships, subtle yet vibrant changes to the nebulae and starfields, new ship SKINs, beta-versions of new orbital and first-person camera controls, module effect overhauls for smartbombs, e-war modules, cynosaural fields and more.
The EVE Universe thrives on change, especially from the players as they scheme and cajole, collaborate and command, and perish and conquer. It wouldn’t be an EVE release without shifting the conflict metagame a bit further by challenging the shifting tactics of the players before they get too comfortable. Today’s changes include even more module changes, new energy neutralizer variations, falloff for remote repairers, and new missile tracking disruptors. An exponential alteration to the size of grids will have far-reaching combat implications and set the stage for the massive structures coming in EVE Online: Citadel.
Altogether, additions alter the boundaries of EVE-as-it-has-been for a new future with unique new tactical considerations and rejuvenated graphical beauty.
Full patch notes and information on other improvements can be found here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Red Orchestra 2: Reinforcement Update Pack Released
- The Reinforcement Update Pack for Red Orchestra 2 is available now on Steam - and to celebrate the game's available for free for a week!
- IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Version 0.6 Preview
- As impressive as the demo I witnessed was, it's only about two-thirds of the one to completion. If you're curious to see it for your...
- Albion Online: September State of the Game
- Sandbox Interactive has recently posted their September State of the Game, giving an overview of the latest updates to Albion Online.