Old-School Runescape Celebrates A Half Decade of Success
Get out the party hats! Old-School Runescape has officially hit five years old, and to mark it, they’re celebrating! A new adventure has launched that sees participants helping Da Vinci with a new painting commission, and will be rewarded with the ultimate Old School prize: the iconic sword, emblazoned with the game’s logo. Originally launching in February 2013, it began as a nostalgic trip for vanilla RuneScape fans who were eager to experience the original 2007 game. Over the past five years, dozens of updates not seen in RuneScape came to Old-School Runescape, including new quests and landmasses. The competitive nature of it brought to life the seasonal Deadman tournaments that have propelled it to be the #1 competitive MMORPG, as a well as a widely-watched game on Twitch. Today, Old School is launching a dedicated Twitch channel at https://www.twitch.tv/OldSchoolRS, and will kick off a live fifth-anniversary show today at 7pm GMT. The Deadman 2018 Spring Final, which will see the top 2,000 players compete in an unrelenting fight for survival and a $20,000 cash prize, has today been confirmed for Saturday 17th March and will be live streamed on the new Twitch channel. In addition, Old-School RuneScape is coming to mobile with full cross-platform play and a mobile-optimized interface. More info can be found below.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Path of Exile's First PvP Invitational Tournament Streams This Weekend
- Following an eventful and well-received PvP Season One, Path of Exile will be hosting the game's very first PvP invitational this weekend...
- Rise of Ragnarok - Asunder Is Now Available on Mobile Devices
- A new fantasy Action MMORPG has risen from the minds of Yoozoo Games, and that's Rise of Ragnarok - Asunder.
- Closers Celebrates a Cyber Summer
- Closers has recently launched a new summer themed update with plenty of new costumes to collect.