Old-School Runescape Celebrates A Half Decade of Success
Get out the party hats! Old-School Runescape has officially hit five years old, and to mark it, they’re celebrating! A new adventure has launched that sees participants helping Da Vinci with a new painting commission, and will be rewarded with the ultimate Old School prize: the iconic sword, emblazoned with the game’s logo. Originally launching in February 2013, it began as a nostalgic trip for vanilla RuneScape fans who were eager to experience the original 2007 game. Over the past five years, dozens of updates not seen in RuneScape came to Old-School Runescape, including new quests and landmasses. The competitive nature of it brought to life the seasonal Deadman tournaments that have propelled it to be the #1 competitive MMORPG, as a well as a widely-watched game on Twitch. Today, Old School is launching a dedicated Twitch channel at https://www.twitch.tv/OldSchoolRS, and will kick off a live fifth-anniversary show today at 7pm GMT. The Deadman 2018 Spring Final, which will see the top 2,000 players compete in an unrelenting fight for survival and a $20,000 cash prize, has today been confirmed for Saturday 17th March and will be live streamed on the new Twitch channel. In addition, Old-School RuneScape is coming to mobile with full cross-platform play and a mobile-optimized interface. More info can be found below.
Articles You May Enjoy
- MapleStory 2013 Updated Review!
- You heard of MapleStory, right? If you’ve followed MMOs at least beyond the surface level, you’ll know that it is a 2D, sprite based MMO.
- Trove Surpasses 1 Million Monthly Active Users
- Since launching in July, Trove has been rapidly taking off with players.
- Rules of Survival Anniversary Event Features 1M Cash Pool
- NetEase is celebrating the first anniversary of Rules of Survival, a widely popular Battle Royale game around the globe.