The Lord of the Rings Living Card Game Launches Into Early Access On Steam
Asmodee Digital and Fantasy Flight Interactive moved The Lord of the Rings: Living Card Game into Early Access on Steam for PC/Mac. The single-player experience is the only version on offer as of this moment and will feature cooperative play in the months to come. Early Access is open to players who purchase a Founder’s Pack: The Shire (7.99) The Steward of Gondor (15.99) and The Istari (29.99). Each comes with a selection of cards, in-game currency, and cosmetic items that will start the adventure in Middle Earth right. Players can opt to buy all three Founder’s Packs in a bundle as the Mithril Founder’s Pack Bundle for $47.99. In addition, players can access Early Access if they have pre-ordered The Lord of the Rings: Living Card Game Collector’s Edition, which features a unique two-player starter edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, a brass replica of The One Ring™, individual art prints of four heroes from the game, and digital codes for the Mithril Founder’s Pack Bundle, custom cosmetic items, along with the Original Soundtrack as mp3 files. This is available on the Fantasy Flight Games site.
“We’re incredibly excited to bring this adaptation of the original table top game to life in Early Access,” stated Timothy Gerritsen, Head of Studio for Fantasy Flight Interactive. “This is just the beginning as we add new play modes, new adventures and explore the incredibly rich world and characters of Middle-earth.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Livelock Launch Review
- Each character is different. Their combination of strengths and weaknesses promotes teamwork and online multiplayer.
- Dark Blood Unlocks Act II
- Outspark has launched its first major update for Dark Blood since the game's open beta launch.
- Skylanders™ Ring of Heroes Releases Huge Renewal Update
- Mobile game company Com2uS announced that they’ve carried out a large-scale renewal update for Skylanders™ Ring of Heroes.