Lake-town Expansion Released For The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth
Kabam today released Lake-town Expansion Pack for its popular mobile game The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth, which is co-published with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The free-to-play strategy game, inspired by Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit film Trilogy and produced by New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), challenges players to build their own empire in Middle-earth and features fan favorites Gandalf, Legolas and Thorin Oakenshield.
In the new Lake-town Expansion Pack, Lake-town is open and ready for business. Players will be able to explore and prosper in the legendary settlement by discovering new resources and completing new quests. All new characters and heroes, such as Bard, are also available. Engaging gameplay and rich visuals inspired by the films make The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth mobile game and the Lake-town Expansion Pack a must-have for any fan.
“We worked very closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to make sure we got each detail of the Lake-town environment right- from the glimmer on the water, to the way the light hits the side of the buildings in town,” said Weiwei Geng, executive producer on the game. “We wanted the players to enter the city and feel immersed in the world the filmmakers created for The Hobbit films.”
An in-depth look at the Lake-town Expansion Pack can be found in The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth Magazine, an interactive app launching in conjunction with the update. This free app is available in 15 languages and will feature exclusive content such as tips and tactics, a behind-the-scenes look at development of the game, and official news posts. The app will be available for all mobile devices.
Fans can also look forward to a special in-game event on December 17th celebrating the premiere of the much anticipated film, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.
Articles You May Enjoy
- PAX Prime 2013 Day 1 Recap Part 2: Everquest Next, WildStar, Marvel Heroes, and More Cosplay!
- PAX Prime is always full of surprises. Surprise games. Surprise esports tournaments. Surprise cosplay, too!
- SMITE Introduces Ne Zha and Twitch.TV Integration
- Today, Hi-Rez Studios has released a new update for SMITE that includes an all-new god and Twitch.TV integration. Hi-Rez also recently release...
- Moon Hunters: 8-bit Co-op RPG now on Kickstarter
- After nine months of concepting, sweating, and working with the Square Enix Collective, Moon Hunters is finally ready for Kickstarter. Moon Hu...