Heroes of Newerth: Tour Season 3 Announced
The Heroes of Newerth team today announced that beginning July 26, Newerth will kick-off its biggest eSports event of the year, Hontour: Season 3. Over the course of seven months the campaign will pit some of the finest amateur and pro players in the world against one another as they duke it out for a continuously growing $70,000 prize pool.
HoN Tour Season 3 will culminate with a live World Finals showdown next March where the tournament´s top teams will be invited to test their mettle on the Newerth´s biggest stage.
In addition to HoN Tour, the Heroes of Newerth team is also excited to announce eSports Plinko, a new community initiative that will give players the opportunity to directly support HoN´s eSports scene while receiving exclusive in-game content.
“Heroes of Newerth´s eSports following is hungry for competition and we´re going to give it to them,” said Sam Braithwaite, Head of Marketing for Heroes of Newerth. “If you think about it – eSports Plinko runs for HoN Tour´s entire seven month life meaning that, with the tournament´s baseline prize pool and community contributions, there´s a huge opportunity for competitors to rack up some serious winnings.”
HoN Tour´s exclusive URSA CORPs content, which includes in-game goodies ranging from avatars, to permanent account progression bonuses, and more, will be added throughout the season; 25% of the revenue generated from eSports Plinko purchases will funnel directly into HoN Tour´s prize pool.
Subtle changes to this year´s HoN Tour include a week of rest between matches and a reduction of teams competing in Diamond, Gold, and Silver Divisions from 16, 32, and 64 to 8, 16, and 32, respectively. Structure for the Bronze Division remains unchanged.
“This year´s format is designed to retroactively raise the stakes for each of the teams in the top three divisions,” Sam said. “Upping the ante helps HoN stay true to its take-no-prisoners persona.”
For more info, visit http://www.hontour.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Xsyon: Massive Terrain Update Available
- The sandbox MMORPG, Xsyon has just released a massive terrain reversion update.
- Kabam Acquires Games Studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games
- Kabam, Inc., today announced it has acquired Los Angeles-based games studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games. The move will expand Kabam’s glob...
- Runescape: "Lost city of the Elves" expansion announced
- Jagex Games Studio, makers of the multi-award winning fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, has announced the very first expansion pack for the game. Los...